Help panasonic dmr-es20 connection

Username: Tedbearz

Post Number: 1
Help how do I set this up. I have Dish Network Receiver and Onkyo Receiver
I tried going with the instructions but when i splice the cable I do not get signal from the Satellite.
Can I set this up without splicing the cable?

Post Number: 2
Some more info:
Just got a Panasonic DMR-ES20 DVD recorder. Having a tough time to set it up.
How did you set yours up? I have a Dish Network receiver, Onkyo Receiver and the DVD recorder.
Right now I have the S-Video and Optical Cable of the DVD connected to the receiver directly.
How do I connect the DVD recorder so I can record from the Dish Network receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 35
S-Video cable for video and two RCA cables or optical for sound from the DISH receiver to your ES20. If you are wanting to record something other than what you are watching on your receiver it can't be done. All DDD recorders have only an analog tuner so it will never be able to tune a different channel from your D receiver.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the advice. Can someone critique my cabling. I have everything working but now when I watch dish network the picture quality appears analog.

Step 1: I connected the DMR-ES20 to the Onkyo Receiver using the S-Video and Optical.

Then I used coaxial to connect the receiver to Sat Box as well as connecting the DMR-ES20 to the TV using Coaxial.

Connected the TV to DMR-ES20 using RCA A/V cable supplied with the DMR-ES20.

S-Video from TV is connected into the Onkyo Receiver.

Everything works fine except the picture quality when I view Satellite TV looks grainy.

Post Number: 4
I think I have it sorta of figured out...

So with a Satellite receiver, DVD-Rec and TV. How does the S-Video Cabling work?
Sat to TV and DVD-R to where?

TV only has one S-Video Input. Do I connect to the Onkyo receiver.

Post Number: 5
Ok just called Panasonic 800 number. Now throughly confused. Can someone help out with the cabling.

How do I connect
TV
DM-ES20
Satellite Box
A/V Receiver?

I coaxial cable is setup currently:
coaxial to connect the receiver to Sat Box as well as connecting the DMR-ES20 to the TV using Coaxial.

S-Video is connected directly from TV to DMR-ES20.
And then from Satelitte to AV Receiver.

Also have RCA Audio from TV to DMR-ES20.
Optical Audio from Sat Receiver and DMR-ES20 into A/V Receiver.

Is this the correct setup. Somehow picture in TV mode looks less clear than before. And now I have to have DM-ES20 on to watch TV.

Post Number: 6
Almost finished. Had to run the cabling through DMR-ES20 instead of the A/V Receiver. Little annoying though as I have to have the DMR-ES20 always on even just to watch the second DVD player or Satellite. Anyway around this?

What is the best way to connect the audio? Currently using the RCA audio in on the DMR-ES20. Do i connect to the Satellite, TV, or A/V Receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us