Please help with cabling in new construction home...not much time!

Username: Erokk

Post Number: 1
hey all. new here, 1st post.

i recently purchased a home, and had to gut the whole place and start over. the sheetrocker is coming next week and i need to run cable for tv and high speed internet to eight different rooms and want to do it right. what kind of signal booster and splitter would be best suited for this? i have already bought the coax cable, connectors and faceplates...just don't know about the splitter/booster.

also, is there requirements as to how long each individual run can be? and can the coax not be run next to wiring for lighting, outlets, etc.. or does this not affect it since it is shielded?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 32
with so little time and very little info on your expected results, I would recommend you "home run" RG-6 coax and two CAT5e cables from each location to one central point where the cable and internet enter your house. Put a outlet box on the studs where you want the outlets so the drywall guy can cut around them as he installs the walls. Label all the runs well as you install them. Worry about the distribution amp later when you have done some research. Do not use splitters if at all possible on the coax.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us