Help me decide between these 3 models!

Username: Anthonyp

Post Number: 2
Hey guys... I havent posted here in a while, but need some help deciding what I should purchase. I am looking for a 50" HDTV either LCD or DLP and spending no more than $2500 (not including stand or tax). I have narrowed it down to these 3.

(I should mention that I work at an electronics store that carries these TVs so I do get a discount. All 3 of these TVs are BELOW $2500 for me.)

In no particular order..

Hitachi 50V500 -- LCD
Sony KF-50WE610 -- LCD
Samsung HLM507W -- DLP

I will be using it primarily for DVD playback and HDTV stuff when it becomes more widely available (ie.. I wont be getting the HD box until many months later...). I would also like to be able to hook my PSX2 and computer laptop up to it as well. Because of this I have narrowed it down to either LCD or DLP models ONLY. And also because of thier smaller size.

I have been keeping up to date in the Hitachi 50v500 thread and notice fgan issues to still be a problem with this model... However, I haven;t heard much about the Sony... Nor have I seen any good or bad reviews either.

I would like it to be somewhat ready for the future... So a DVI or HDMI input would be nice, but not necessarily needed.

The Samsung unit looked very nice and also had a nice scrren display when hooked up to a computer. The picture looked quite good as well, but was unable to see the picture running regular TV yet.

I have had my eye on the Hitachi for a while now and it was what I was originally going to buy.. But now that the Sony has dropped in price and the release of a newer Samsung DLP, they have both come into my price range.

Any insight you can provide would be wonderful!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us