JVC HD52G886 Green Picture

Username: Capblue

Post Number: 1
Can someone please help with my green screen. I go to input TV, this is my cable card and on all digital channels they are green. The cable box is ok and satellite as well. I have tried to reset from service menu. Tuner in menu shows NG1. Could this be my digital-in board? Thanks

Username: Capblue

Post Number: 2
To All:

I have a JVC HD52G886 and the picture has been wonderful when it works. I have had this model since 09/02/05 and have an extended warranty. I have been through two P.W.B.Board Assy
SRP0D027A-M2 for the HDMI and one P.W.Board Assy Rear Jack Panel due to input one low volume, broken ground to video jack. This was due to too many plugging in and out to check set. Now will replace a P.W.Board Assy, SSD-2104A-M2 due to green pictures on digital channels. JVC has given me four more months on my warranty but has ask me to have a replacement model next time. I said no, I will ride out my extended warranty replacing parts unless they would consider giving me the Designer pro model and I would pay the difference. They said no. Looks like they do not mind paying out money for this model on parts.
Is it worth keeping this model?????? I'm testing all inputs for picture quality, Cable card, cable box, direct TV and Antenna with digital HD. I have only received this help after witting the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services. Before this they would not answer my e-mails or calls, now they call me.
I have enjoyed all the help and information from eCoustics with your precise knowledge and guidance. There are many who give their time and help others. I hope this will help someone having problems with their JVC and who to contact.

Thanks
Capblue

http://www.800helpfla.com/index.html

Username: Bobka01

Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 6
capblue52: I am having a similar experience with green flesh tones in the projected images. Often it starts out with the red-capability working well but flicks off. On occasion, it has started green and had the red flicker on and stay on for several hours. This red/no red problem began about three days ago; initially, I thought it was a function of the cable information I was receiving. The troubleshooting info in the manual does not address the 'green' problem specifically. What have you learned about it?

Also, what do you mean by your comment about JVC asking you about a replacement model? Did they offer to replace your HD52G886 with a new one? Also, have you had any short-life problems with projection lamps?

I have an HD52G886 purchased in July 2005.

Username: Capblue52

Post Number: 1
Hi Robert, The green flesh tones may be from your Digital board, SRP0D027a-m2. I do not know what you are using, HDMI, cable card, top box and or what input. If all of you picture is green on digital only then this would be your tuner SSD-2104a-M2. Most troubles seem to be with the Digital power board. Your warranty should cover this and after JVC has done this 3 times with in the year they will offer you another TV or you may ask them. They do not want to put too much money in the set. Mine had a great picture but had problems in format switching then you have to go into the service menu and do a reset. This may help you as it will have a ng9 beside your HDMI or tuner. After doing the reset mine would work. The green was a bad tuner, this they tried to change and it was a bad board as well, that is when they ask to exchange the set. I purchased mine in Sept.. I will say they did me good and let me have the new 1080P Designer Pro. Only because this has been going on for 8 months. You need to check every angel of input as well as your cable card. This is when my tuner was bad on digital, green<<

Username: Bobka01

Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 7
capblue52: Thanks much for the response. It was above and beyond! I stopped using a cable card with Comcast a few months ago; I opted for a STB to get the program guide which is not available with the cable card. I use component cables for video and a fibre-optics cable for audio. HDMI was not good and was a waste of money. I think it will not be a popular connection system for audio-video hookups for some time.

The green problem is in remission. JVC suggested a service call to remedy the green issue. I am ambivalent about calling for service on my warranty when the green problem is not apparent.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Post Number: 3
Bob: Please do NOT hesitate in calling for service. This is an in house call. You do not have to let them take your set away but do let them check it out. HDMI is the way to go and if yours is not working right, then something is wrong. Like I said, your digital power board. Cable card is just a back up and you should keep it along with your cable box. HDMI is the small cable from your box to your digital input on TV. If you have a DVI then you must have a audio cable connected as well. Your problem is still there and will not go away. There is a two way cable card out but most cable companies are not supporting it yet. A cable card will check your tuner as well as an antenna, the box will not. Your HDMI is for Video and audio. Good luck to you Bob.

Username: Bklynrob

Post Number: 3
Hello.

I own a JVC HD-ILA 56" Rear Projection TV. Model Number HD-56G886. Purchased it brand new in November 2005. Initially hooked it up using component cables and it worked like a champ.

In February, we switched from component cables to an HDMI cable because we upgraded our cable box in order to use the Time Warner DVR capability.

We began experiencing problems after that. Sometimes when the tv is turned on, everything is green. You can see the picutre, the people, the background, etc, but there is this greenish wash/tint to everything. It does not do this all the time, but enough to where its a great inconvenience. The temporary fix is to go into the set up menu, do a self check, then turn it off, unplug, wait, re-plug and turn it back on. Problem is though, once you turn the tv off, you have to start all over again.

So I called JVC and explained the problem. The guy I spoke to commented that it could be a bad circuit board and gave me the number to the nearest JVC repair guy. I called, he came out, spent about 5 minutes playing with the remote control tv and basically gave me the polish salute saying he thought it could be a software problem and that he would call JVC and get back with me.

Next day he came back and said the problem could be caused by the tv receiving a weak signal from the cable box and told me to swich back to the component cables and if that the problem persisted, it was probably a bad cable box.

So I did this and no problems so I'm sure its an HDMI issue specific to my tv.

Any suggestions on what I should do from here?

Thanks,
Rob.

Oh yeah btw, the friggin bulb burned out today to. 5000 life expectancy?...............PLEASSSSSSSSSSE, are you kidding me!

Post Number: 4
Rob:I have been through two P.W.B.Board Assy
SRP0D027A-M2 for the HDMI. It is not your top box but your HDMI. You did right by the re-set but this will not always work. You must make the repairman replace the board. Get JVC on the phone and say you will use your HDMI but it's not working, if no help then contact these people. http://www.800helpfla.com/index.html
JVC has been great to work with but you must get their attention. YOU have a board issue.Be patient with JVC but let them know you will have to file with the consumers affairs office if they will not help fix your trouble.Hope this will help you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us