Panasonic TH-42PX60U vs. Samsung HP-R4262

Bronze Member
Username: Thephatp

Post Number: 36
Anyone care to offer opinions on this battle?

I'm torn between the two. I can get both right at the same price, so pricing aside which should I go for? I like the idea of having PIP, especially the split screen action on the Samsung. However, I wouldn't say that's the maker/breaker. The PC Input is cool on the Samsung, but I doubt I'd use it that much.

So my problem comes with the fact that I can't find the Panasonic in stores yet to compare, and I can only find the Samsung in Conns and Frys. It looked GREAT in both, but I'm worried about the conversion from analog in the Samsung (as well as other problems that people have expressed with earlier models).

I can find no reviews, and very little personal experience with the actual 4262, and of course I can't find much personal experience on the 42PX60U because it's just now coming out.

I also can't find anything on expert/professional reviews on either.

I'd really like to get one soon (especially while the wife is excited about it), but I'm not sure which way to go. I know a lot of people on this board will go for the Panasonic, but I'm worried with how they've been removing features each year. I'm wondering how this will affect the quality of the box. Also, I'd have to buy the Panasonic direct from Panasonic online, so no chance at returning it for no loss of money (like I could at Fry's since they offer no restocking fee 30 day return policy).

As you can probably tell, I'm torn. I haven't seen the Panasonic in person, but many people would swear by Panasonic. I've seen the Samsung in person, but others have knocked the 4272, which is basically just like the 4262 but with more bells and whistles. And since this is my first, I don't want to be unhappy with it down the road.

ANY HELP is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Thanks SO MUCH!!!

- thephatp

Bronze Member
Username: Thephatp

Post Number: 37
bump for help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us