HELP! LG V181 DVD/Video Combo

Username: Vjb78

Melbourne Australia

Post Number: 1
Hi! Can anyone PLEASE help??? I just bought a LG DVD/Video combo V181 and the guys at JB Hi Fi no longer hand out the codes to make the players region free. I have tried the 7 '0' code and to no avail. CAN ANYONE HELP??
Thanks.

Username: Frenik

Does this one work?

Press STOP (I think this is optional)
Press PAUSE
Enter code 314159
Enter Region Code (0 for all)
Press PAUSE
Turn power off then on.

Post Number: 2
Also, could you tell me if your V181 has an OPTICAL digital output? All specs on the web says it has both optical and coax, but the manual I downloaded for it from LG site shows only having coax.

Username: Siddela

Hi,

The LG V181 doesn't have an optical out. The '314159 hack' does work with this model.
I tried it several time before it worked though.
make sure you unplug the power, then power on without a disc in.

Username: Dr_funkenstein

Hi Andrew,
I bought same model dvd/vcr combo than you did. However the hack didnt work on mine and i am sure its because i didnt do it properly. I am not sure at what point boxes open to put the number in or how its supposed to work. Please help.

Username: Vjb78

Melbourne Australia

Hi,
I figured it by a complete fluke. With the cd tray open, hit 0000 then a screen will come up where u enter the region code - make it 0 then you press pause and it's done!! I found this has worked for one of my other LG dvd players as well. Hope this helps.

Post Number: 3
I've since gotten my V181 and tried the 314159 hack on this model (previously only used it on a different model)

With the player in DVD mode, no discs in the player, just:

Press PAUSE on the remote.
Enter code 314159 on the remote.
Should now be on screen asking you which region you want to set (0-6). Press 0 for all regions.
Press PAUSE on remote again.

Thats all it took on mine, after that could play all regions, didn't need to restart player.

Username: Dr_funkenstein

Frenik.. that was awesome! Thanks so much! It worked fantastic! It is now region free!
Vaughan, thanks for your reply! I didnt get to try yours but thanks for your response.
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Username: Drjasper

Perth, Tasmania Australia

worked well for me too. I just picked one of these up this morning. The only thing I'd add is that for me I had to open the cd door like
Ted
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us