DVI/Cable TV problem ACK! HELP!-

Username: Larelin

Eau claire, Wi Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a ilo 42in plasma tv, I know its a cheapie, but i have had pretty good success with it so far..

Thae only poroblem Im having is when I swtich to the DVI mode, My TV will Being a "Searching Mode".. Usually a quick picture flashes (of whatever show) and then another couple seconds of black screen, then into a static screen. It wont turn on using DVI for a long time. Sometimes I can turn the DVI Cable on and the picture will come right away and pq is awesome. I contacted my cable co. (Charter/motorola dvr)and they said for sure that my DVI is activated.
So how come it stays in that searching mode, often not getting and keeping the picture signal?
Right now im moslty using component when the DVI connection isnt working..

PLEASE HELP ME as I really don't know much about any of this! What are some possible scenarios? any way i can troubleshoot?
thanks from wisconsin,

Username: Formerly_fx

Post Number: 5
I am going on memory here so try this both ways. I believe if you turn your display on before the video source (in your case the cable box) this will stop happening. The problem occurs because the STB (set top box) is looking for the HDCP hanshake within two seconds via either a DVI or HDMI connection. It often gets rejected if your display is turned on after your STB.

Good luck,

xvxvxvx

Username: Larelin

Eau claire, Wi Usa

Post Number: 2
Scooby
thanks! this seems to be working!
you rule!

Username: Robin61

Post Number: 1
I have the 50" Philips 50PF9630A plasma and a DVR that has the DVI out put. I know this is for video only. And the plamsa has HDMI, but with an adpotor, will the audio call though to the plamsa?

Bronze Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 88
No the audio must be run by other means.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us