Projectors specs?

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 281
I was looking at matching screens and projectors.I read in another thread that the greater the gain the brighter the screen.How is that possible that a 1.8gain screen makes the screen 80% percent brighter.That would make a 1,000 ansi lumens screen into a 1800 ansi lumens so it would show up nicely like a computer projector made for well lite rooms.Also what is the throw range mean when the numbers are like 1.59-1.97:1 ? So if this true.Is the only difference between a home theater projector and computer projector is contrast?Because i know some of the computer projectors have low resoluton but some have a high resolution but low contrast.How does the bulb life compare to a rear projection tv cause i see most front projectors are rated about 3,000 hours.I was watching a projector setup the other day and i could the grid on the screen.It is a low lighted room ,the screen was 106, and i was sitting about 11-13ft away.The projector was 3-4 feet behind me. Seem like a screen door effect but the proector was a last years model Mitsubish projector.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 282
Also i have heard 2 terms for screens.Matted and glass bead.What is the types of screens and what do these mean?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us