LG RH7521W Video to DVD - Picture freezing

Username: Anon_lgrh7521w

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

Great forum, many thanks for all the advice. I've bought an LG RH7521W, and I've been transferring family videos etc onto either the HDD(playing off an LG DC593W video/DVD player into AV1 and then dubbing onto DVD-R) or alternatively directly onto DVD-R. However, after finalising the disc and playing it back, the picture either pixelates or completely freezes, even though the audio sometimes plays on. It happens on my player and others. I'm scratching my head on this one - it worked fine for the first 6 weeks. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2414
Skipping and pausing is usually poor quality media. If you want good discs, get Taiyo Yuden. Unfortunately I don't know of any brick and mortar stores that sell them. You can get them at Supermediastore, Rima, Meritline, Shop4Tech. Stay away from 16x discs with a standalone. Which means you might not want to buy the 4x discs they advertise, as far as I know the 4x discs are gone, they quit making them a year and a half or so ago, and they can be 8x or 16x discs.

Post Number: 2
Hi David,

Many thanks for your response. I've been using Datastream blanks, which admittedly are on the cheaper end of the scale. I'll try a better quality 8x/16x and see how it goes.

Thanks again,

Brendan

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2426
Don't use 16x discs with a standalone, some of them don't like them.

Post Number: 3
HI David,

Sorry, didn't read your message properly the first time. I've since got 8x discs and they're working fine.

Cheers,

Brendan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us