Samsung HLR6167W PIP Question

Username: D0l0mite

Post Number: 1
Hello all,

New registered user however I read alot of the postings to help me decide on the technology (DLP, LCD, Plasma), brand and model for my monumental pruchase. I finally decided on the 61" Samsung DLP (HLR 6167W). I paid $3800 out the door delivered including an HDMI cable (I know they ripped me off, but there is the "now" factor), an extended waranty (4 yrs), and a component cable for my XBOX (yes I am 31 ys old and hold a very respectable job, have a girlfriend, and enjoy action sports, but I love video games!). Additionally by getting into Best Buys Rewards program I'll get something like $150 back in BB gift certs.
Now to my question. I have learned by reading forums (this and others) and talkiing to Comcast and Samsung tehs that I can't hook up the PIP on my TV comming out from the HD DVR despite the fact that the the HDDVR technically has 2 tuners. Fine I accept that, Motorolla didn't design it for that, they designed it so that you could record and watch at the same time. Although don't most high end TVs even mid-range these days have PIP? Regardless the conclusion I have come to is that I must split the coax prior to the HDDVR. OK great. My concern is that I already have 4 regular cable boxes, cable modem, and the HD running off one line comming into the house (it has a strong signal). Do you think that I may be inviting a signal isssue by splitting this line yet again? Also the tech that was back at my house today to bring me the correct HDDVR out that I originally requested (don't even get me started about Comcasts untrained techs and customer service people) said that I needed to go buy "good cable" becuase everything she had in her truck was cheap and if I hooked it up with cheap cable it would damage the box. My brain screamed BS! but hey I don't know everything and she did leave the splitter. Any input on the signal dgradation or the potentional box damage (that part was being translated through my girlfriend so the could have told her anything).

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 277
First off i think you should check there add.That TV is on sell for $3039.99. Shoudlnt hurt you picture to split it before the box and go one into the tv and one into the box.Worse comes to worse get a powered splitter.

Username: D0l0mite

Post Number: 2
Thanks drummer, that just saved me a bunch of $$$!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us