Fujitsu vs. Pioneer Elite

Username: Nicseb

Post Number: 6
I am trying to decide between the 61" pioneer elite plasma monitor or the Fujitsu 63" P63XTA51US. Any advice out there?

Silver Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 111
What kind of room? what's your budget? what's your main sources? Are you sure on the size... how far back are you sitting? Have you seen both with your own eyes?

Those are excellent displays. Add a little more info and I am sure you will get some opinions and advice.

Username: Nicseb

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the response. Room size is about 20 by 20--its a typical family room (not optimal hometheatre due to vaulted ceilings and hardwoods, but its what we have to work with). I would say the main viewing area (e.g., the couch) is about 12 feet away. Main sources--dvd, hd cable (I am a little new at this, but is that what you mean?). Both are in the budget (though, admittedly, the Fujitsu is a stretch). I have seen the Pioneer Elite 61" at Tweeter and thought it was wonderful. One specific question, is whether I should care that its a monitor or not. Of course, since I have cable, lack of a tuner is not a real issue (although, in my area of NE we have very limited HD channels via cable and I would love to have the flexibility to run an antenna on the roof and switch over to the TV's tuner and watch "24" in HD!). But I digress. What I was getting at is the TV speakers--is it a pain to have to fire up the hometheatre receive everytime you want to watch a little tube? I am thinking in terms of wife functionality as well on that point. And God forbid the hometheatre receiver ever breaks down--I would have a 60-something inch tv without sound. I would never hear the end of that after blowing this kind of dough, you know what I mean? That was one of the considerations for the Fujitsu--I have not seen it first hand, but I hear good things, and it has a tuner and speakers (I think).

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 405
Just an FYI, Panasonic is releasing a 65 inch 1080P plasma in September. The consumer version will go for 9000 retail and ther commercial ( monitor) version will be less, although true MSRP isnt yet known. They are also releasing a 58 inch 1366 x 768 model as well this year that will probably be at the 5000-6000 mark.

The monitor version is fine for your needs as the tuner and speakers are a waste. There are MANY universal remote options to choose from for one stop button press fire up if turning on two or three devices is too many steps.

If an HT receiver breaks you just put in a new one; disconnect and connect a bunch of cables/wires-- about 30 minutes of work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us