What PIcture Size to Choose?

Username: Postie60

Post Number: 6
I have a Toshiba 52HM85 and love it. Just one question, that I am wondering about. What should I set the picture size to? Natural, theatre wide 1, 2, 3 or Full? I just don't understand the difference and why in Natural mode, there are black bars on the sides of the picture. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 858
Every tv varies, but I'm certain natural expects a 4:3 image and presents it as such, this is good for standard definition TV watching where one wants to maximize the picture quality.

Full stretches a 4:3 image to fit a 16:9 widescreen set, I use this setting for DVD watching and standard def. TV with picture quality that isn't degraded much when stretched.

I'm not as sure on Theatre wide 1, 2, and 3. These most likely have different amounts of zoom to have the image appear cinematic with the black bars on top and bottem. On my set they are called Panoramic, and Cinema Zoom, I never use them.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 263
Put your Toshiba on full it will fit 4:3 to your TV without cropping the screen like zoom.Natural will diplasy it like it is.(ie 4:# with black bars on side.)So put your screen on full and you will be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us