Toshiba LCD 37HL95 CableCard configuration w/ TWC

Brownbagger
Unregistered guest
Does anyone here have a working combination with a Toshiba 32HL95 or 37HL95 with a SA 600 CableCard and Time Warner Cable as your provider?

I'm looking for what software/firmware versions you have for your Toshiba.

I'm also interested in what configurations you have when you go into CableCard Diagnostics.

Also what package you have with TWC... Standard, other upgraded channels, etc.

Glitches and observations you've had along the way before you resolved the software conflicts?

What about miracle restorations where one day the systems work just fine together and magically cured itself?

Any opinions on if wireless internet activity nearby your TV might be having an effect on the decryption process?

I'm trying to eliminate as many variables in my troubleshooting to get the head end at TWC in synch with my end.

I talked with a technician today that says he can bring a Sony with him tommorrow on a service call and show that my cablecard works. That doesn't help me. I need a configuration that works with the head end, my SA 600 card, it's firmware and flashing provided by the head end and my card reader and it's software and firmware versions.

Any help is appreciated.

Known software firmware

Scientific Atlanta 600,

July 2005 build
software version 2.3.149s2 Monday May 2,2005

Toshiba 37HL95
Software version 1.2.8 Oct 27, 2005
Firmware 1.62
SALS:54

It's so frustrating to go down to TWC, ask a tech what the software firmware versions are of their SA cards, and they haven't a clue as to what I'm talking about. They look at you with a WTF expression on their face. If there is a CableCard guru at TWC in the LA area, please show yourself.

Nic cards for wifi on laptops were never this difficult. Always came with Client Manager software for debugging all the configurations.

Thanks

Username: Brownbagger

Post Number: 5
Got things resolved, same software and firmware on the Toshiba, got the 4th card reflashed to jive with the head end... and everything works well, no channel 1111 default and reboot problem anymore either.

I don't understand how is all works now, but seems that TWC has managed to debug everything with their end, and now everything works as it should on our end.

Great quality of picture with TWC and Cablecard... I highly recommend it.
Give the TWC folks what ever it takes to get it straightened out... it is worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us