Samsung HLP5663W - Weird green color

Unregistered guest
I got the TV in Aug05. Been working great, no noise .. yet. The problem I started getting recently is with the picture.

March06, I started seeing green outlines around objects or actors. Seeing the green with all inputs (VCR, DVD or STB). Also, sometimes there are horizontal green lines that go accros half the screen from the left side.

I tried playing with the color settings...didn't fix anything.

Bronze Member
Username: Samsungtech

Post Number: 18
You may have a bad DMD
I would sugest you call 1-800-samsung if it is under warranty.

Username: Marc_dlp05

Post Number: 1
It's still under warranty but since I got the extended warranty,I have to go thru BestBuy for help.

The repair guy came over last week, and of course the TV was working fine when he came over. He said he's never heard of this specific problem before, which I'm inclined to believe since I haven't found a post in here that resembles mine.

It has since then started doing it again. I took pictures this time and will call the tv guy again.

Post Number: 2
They came and took my TV away today :-(

They said because the problem was intermitent, they had to bring into the shop to investigate or something. When they came over, they saw the green this time, which is good for me but they stil brought the TV with them.

I probably won't have any news until next Monday or something but I'll update my post with any updates, so that the next person who experiences the wierd green, might have some answers.

Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 2
Bad dmd. Probably they will install a new p-engine i think. samsung is very fast with part orders. takes a couple days. Part install. takes
about 15-20 min. Very easy.

Post Number: 3
Got my TV back, they replaced the Digital Board, what ever that is.. part #BP94-02140A.

Looks good ... for now

Post Number: 4
Great news...the green is back. I guess I'll be calling for service again.

Post Number: 5
ok..Got my TV back..for the secdond time.

This time they replaced the DMD board

part #BP96-00678D

It better not break again or Best Buy is going to give me a new TV!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us