A Blonde trying to hook up DVR to TV,VCR &Satellite

Unregistered guest
Dumb blonde here...I got a CyberHome DVR for Xmas and have been trying to hook up this with the JVC VCR with my Dish Receiver and my Sony 36 inch TV. Have daisy chained it like my son advised but I cannot get the DVR to record, but the VCR will record properly, but I can only view it thru using the source Video 1 on the DVR. I can only watch the TV (SAT) thru the DVR too using the source... Can you run me thru the CORRECT way to set this up so I can watch the TV without running everything thru the DVR or using a switch box?? I will use a switch box if it is easier tho' Please use terms I can understand...BIG THANKS!!!

Unregistered guest
I have been totally frustrated with my new Dish Network Satelite service. The installer unhooked everything and now I am clueless about putting it all together again. I followed the directions for connections that was provided by the Network, but only some of the things work. Is it possible to get a step by step path with a visual for the connections for the various TVs? I will list the elctronics as best as possible.

RCA TV - w/Mitsubishi VCR - Toshiba DVD - Dish Network 2 room receiver

GE TV - w/Broksonic dual DVD/VCR RECORDER also hooked up to stereo speakers - Dish Network DVR receiver

Problems encountered...

Power works for the Broksonic DVD / VCR recorder, but does not play on TV. What channel does the satelite/TV need to be on to record programs off the satelite? Wire hookup? I have numerous RCA and S wires.

I was told DVD player is an outsource to VCR in source, then cable line is an out source to Satelite in source, and Satelite out source to VCR in source and VCR out source goes to TV. Is this correct? So how do the RCA and S wires hook up to each unit? I do not see how this all works. VCR works to TV, but the clock & timer no longer has the digital displays working on the VCR. The DVD does not play at all.

In Ireland we did not have all of these connections like this to where the wires are so crossed. Sorry but I am lost.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2404
Connect the sat to the combo with RCAs and set the recorder on line to record. Connect the recorder to the TV with RCAs and set the TV on whatever input you used. Connect coax from the sat to the TV for viewing without having the combo on.

Username: Allyn64

Vernon, Tx USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 60" Phillips HDTV and Dish satellite system. I also have a RCA VCR, Sanyo DVD player, and just baught a ILO DVD recorder & Red Pro. How do I connect all of this? Please help!

Username: Allyn64

Vernon, Tx USA

Post Number: 2
I have a 60" Phillips HDTV and Dish satellite system. I also have a RCA VCR, Sanyo DVD player, and just baught a ILO DVD recorder & Red Pro. How do I connect all of this? Please help!
Please e-mail me at allyn64_2000@yahoo.com if you can help me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us