60" SXRD lip sync issues - Help!

Username: Bighitter6

Post Number: 1
OK, my setup is as follows:

KDS-R60XBR1
Directv HR10-250 HD Receiver/DVR
Sony DVP-NS90V DVD Player
JVC RX-8000VBK A/V Receiver

Connections are HDMI from DVD player to TV and HDMI from SAT receiver to TV. Current audio connections are optical from DVD Player to A/V receiver and optical from Sat Receiver to A/V receiver. (more on this later)

My issue is varying degrees of lip syncing (or godzilla effect) on HD channels from the Sat receiver. Sat receiver is set to 1080i, but effect is the same on any output setting. Also, effect is the same when using component video ouputs from Sat receiver to TV. When watching DVDs, no issues whatsoever.

I wanted to try using the optical output from the TV to the A/V receiver, but I cannot get the receiver to recognize a signal from the TV's optical output.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

fx
Unregistered guest
I can help you with this part:

"I wanted to try using the optical output from the TV to the A/V receiver, but I cannot get the receiver to recognize a signal from the TV's optical output."

Nearly every display disables the optical audio out when the input is coming from an HDCP protected source (thru an HDMI cable). Noting to be done about this.

As for your other problems if your receiver does not have a delay adjustment (many do but not all) you are pretty much screwed. I suggest you read your receiver's owners manual carefully and see if you have dely settings.

Good luck,

xvxvxvx

Anonymous

Proofread your posts, fx.
You're getting lazy!

ryan,

http://www.felston.com/dd540/

fx
Unregistered guest
Ryan,

I did not know you were the spelling police as well as a troll. Did you not understand the meaning of my post? Never mind, it was rhetorical since your link proves you knew I meant delay and not dely.

Get a life, get a grip, and keep on keeping on.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us