I bought the "RCA Scenium 50in - Model: HD50LPW175 and I need HELP..........................

Bronze Member
Username: Agentxfile

Post Number: 44
I bought the RCA Scenium 50in Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175 today(sat. 02/18/06) at Best Buy and so far I am not happy. Maybe this could be because I am doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the tv.
I have had an older Phillips progressive scan dvd player for over a year and I also just bought SAMSUNG DVD-HD755 Hi-Def/Up Conversion DVD Player a week ago, neither one produces a better picture then the older Phillips progressive scan dvd player without using progressing scanning on my older RCA 36in tube tv. And yes I have turned on the progressive scan through the menu on the older dvd player and went through all the settings on the newer hi-def/up conversion player too. I have also went through all the settings on the RCA Scenium 50in Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175 and still the picture looks worse then on my old RCA tube tv.
So am I doing something wrong or since I have tried two different types of dvd players and can't get the great picture and my analog cable channels are blurry and the there is no 5.1/dobly sound from the hdmi connection, could there be something wroung with the RCA Scenium 50in Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175?
I think that there is something wrong with the RCA Scenium 50in Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175", what does anyone else think?
Please help and/or offer advice.

Thanks,

Joe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
PLEASE HELP!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Nevermind, I took it back to Best Buy after I called RCA and tech person on the phone said that there is something wrong with the tv. That is after I explained everything to them in my first post and told them that on the 4:3 format setting that the left and right edges slightly bend inward.
The tech person said that all they can do is have a tech come out to look at it but he said with the other problems I have it seems worse with all of the other issues that I had with the picture quality looking worse on this RCA Scenium 50in Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175 then it did on my older tube tv.
Unfornately I could not get another RCA Scenium 50in Widescreen DLP HDTV - Model: HD50LPW175 because none of the Best Buys in Las Vegas had any in stock, so I decided that I will look around some more and do some more research on tv's.

Joe

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us