Toshiba rear proj 46h83

Username: Dschorsch

Post Number: 1
I have a toshiba 46 rear proj set. I noticed out of the blue that the convergence in the top center is off. Not so much left/right or up and down but it seems to be twisted and it looks like it is only the blue? Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Mph

Post Number: 34
Most tv's have an auto convergence button on them where the set will realign the tubes automatically (usually on the front of the set). Try this.

Other sets have manual convergence where you align the tubes via your remote.

Username: Dschorsch

Post Number: 2
My set does have convergence in the remote, although i don't think I can get just the right side of the plus sign up it is like it is twisted. I tried taking it althe way right and left it went quite a ways to the right and just barely past the plus to the left. This is only the top center convergence the others look alright?

mikharris
Unregistered guest
i have a 51" toshiba to get into service settings on this press mute then press mute again and hold it in keep holding it in and press menu on the tv this brings up service mode then i press 7 on the remote which brings up another screen pick an option adjust widescreen 4.3 is best if you view a lot of widescreen stuff this will bring up a large grid you can adjust convergence in every part of the screen you can also turn of the lamps red on the remote for red etc press 7 again to finish screen will bow in and out don`t worry turn off tv then back on adjust convergence on remote that should do it i did this and got a 100% improvement remember in service mode you can adjust all sortsd write down the factory settings before you start. if you do mess up on your own head be it............mik
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us