New HP 30" LCD question

Username: Drunk7daysaweek

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased the HP 30" LC3040N flat panel and the sales guy told me I needed to buy the monster cables to properly watch dvd's. So I did, but the regular component cables that came with the tv display just as good-if not better- than the monster component cables.

I don't notice much difference between progressive mode & interlace mode neither. Is this a problem with my dvd player (jvc th-s3) or the tv? Is it normal to not notice a difference with the expensive monster cables?

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 23
component cables are nothing more than 75 ohm coax with RCA type connectors. With the typical 6 to 8 foot run of cable, you will notice no practical difference between $1.50 cables and $30 Monster cables. Although very well made and VERY well marketed, Monster cables are just a high profit item for retailers and a big addition to the salesperson's commission on your purchase.

Username: Randywalters

El Segundo, California USA

Post Number: 7
The salesman flat-out lied to you to make an extremely profitable sale (some say as much as 600% markup). They take advantage of consumer's ignorance and play upon their fears that this newfangled technology won't look good unless you buy the expensive cables. You should return them for a full refund and just buy some from Monoprice dot com (good quality, great prices and quick service).

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 404
And yes its your DVD player. That player barely qualifies as truely having a deinterlacing chip. Take the cables back. There sint any added value in monster cables vs other brands at places like bluejeanscables.com or heartlandcables etc. The ones TV stations use are super cheap money wsie but are fine for vid quality obviously.

Try a Panasonic s77 for DVDs and you will see a diffreence.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us