Archive through September 28, 2005

Paul Barnett
Unregistered guest
i still need help with my mitsubisi ct-291m1nz
i found one channel but i need hwelp to tune more

Unregistered guest
I have a mitsubshi hd 1080 50in. model vs50800, we lost the convergence in it this spring. Sears came out and put new one in,now the set does not come on at all, they said that they can not fix the set because the main board is out and mitsubshi does not make that board anymore. this set is a 1999, does anybody know who can repair this board or buy one new or rebuilt. thanks bill

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1665
I'd try googling local authorized repair contractors in your area. They're everywhere....... Ask them what it would cost to take care of your problem.

Considering it's already happened twice, who knows....maybe an underlying deeper problem is causing this to continually happen. If I were you, I'd be thinking LEMON, and use this as an excuse to upgrade to a bigger 'NEW" HDTV:-)

Unregistered guest
hee hee... Paul is apparently here not to actually contribute to a "Mitsubishi TV problem" discussion, but to increase his post total by providing an autoresponse that reminds everyone that comes here looking for *helpful* folks that they can call a service tech.

Personnally, I've called a service tech on a Mits. VS55705 with the "turns itself off" problem...their "help" was to charge $70 to come out and narrow it down to a $500 "conversion board" that was not available (but he said "that didn't mean they couldn't get a hold of one") and then to not call back for 2-1/2 weeks. Apparently these companies don't feel they need to continue to supply replacement parts--wonder how many $2,000+ TV's they'd actually sell if they told consumers up front it might be unrepairable after only 5 or 6 years?

Unregistered guest
p.s. I was exaggerating about "Paul" - some of his posts are indeed helpful. No hard feelings, man...I'm just frustrated beyond all reason with the service "professionals" I just dealt with and probably just reacted to multiple "call a tech" posts with a touch too much sarcasm. :-(

Peace!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1676
Then buy a new TV. What's the big deal??

Me personally??? I wouldnt even bother repairing an older TV, and use it as an excuse to buy something new.

Everybody in this thread keeps posting the exact same question over and over. The way I see it, you have only 2 options......

1.Call a tech and pay $70 for a repair estimate so 'at least' you'll know whats wrong.

2. Then decide whether to get it fixed, or dump it in the trash.

Option 1 is optional:-) In most cases, I'd skip step 1 and advance to replacing the TV is more than 5 years old, and positively if it was a non HD hunk of junk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1677
Jim,
I understand what you're saying, but what other option do you have if you arent a trained repair technition???

If your TV breaks, you call someone to service it, right? Since I've seen the same silly question asked what seems like 1,000 times, you can hardly fault me for a little sarcasm in my response.

bxgoonie
Unregistered guest
hello and wasup to everybody.i have a mitsubishi hd1080 tv 50 inches for about a year and it works great.my girlfriend recently spilled water onto the tv by mistake and now the water has dried up on the inside of the first screen(where the image is displayed,not the first plastic screen)i know this sounds stupid but is there a way to wipe the inside screen?is there a way to slightly open it?i want to bring it back to its original state, i hate seeing the stain when watch new dvds and play new games. thanks

bxgoonie
Unregistered guest
hello and wasup to everybody.i have a mitsubishi hd1080 tv 50 inches for about a year and it works great.my girlfriend recently spilled water onto the tv by mistake and now the water has dried up on the inside of the first screen(where the image is displayed,not the first plastic screen)i know this sounds stupid but is there a way to wipe the inside screen?is there a way to slightly open it?i want to bring it back to its original state, i hate seeing the stain when watching new dvds and play new games. thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi VS5007r and I already had to get something fixed on it for $200 and just the other day, the red scale went out of whack and now the picture has a red hue and shadow around anything in opposing corners. Its as if there were a red, green and blue layer and the red one was rotated to the left about an inch or two. Anyone have any idea what this could be and could I fix it myself?

Username: Ur3001

GA United States

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitsubishi HD 1080 rear projection tv (46") that is approx 5 years old. Whenever i try to turn it on, it makes a "click" sound, but nothing appears on the screen and no sound comes out of the speakers. Has this happened to anybody else? Is there somewhere that i can get information on how to fix it?

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi VS-4007R with white lines running from top to bottom. Does anyone know what is causing this. Please email me if you can help. Thankyou

maamoser
Unregistered guest
We just bought a WD 52525 or 52527...DLP 52" TV.
Should be delivered in about a week...after reading all these problems listed with Mits TVs I'm not sure we should go through with it...According to the sales rep, Mits has the best DLP tech...?? Any thoughts?

Username: Davidjackson

I have a 45 inch Mits rear projection tv, 5 years old; model number vs-45607. Just recently, it started going off. The TV is on, and then out of no where, it just turns off. When I go to turn it on, it may come on for a few minutes, and then will go off again. If I had to guess, it seems like it's overheating. Is there something you can suggest I do that's not too expensive or difficult. I'd like to keep the TV longer, and the picture is great. 5 years is too early to toss it. Any advise?

Unregistered guest
i have a 45 inch mits, model #vs-4542, 10 years old, and am replacing it in feb '06, with some of our tax return. my little guy got ahold of some of the remotes, and screwed up the video input channels. he did it a year and a half ago, had a tech come out, and input a bunch of codes in, using the remote, but he wouldn't tell me what he did, if it happened again. if you, paul, or anyone else knows how to access these codes, and what they are, or how i can find them, i'd appreciate it. other than that, tv works great for 10 years old, and i only need it for 6 more months. thank's in advance!!

Unregistered guest
ight look i got a vs-4504r and to get to ext1 or ext2 it tells me a i need this code and i dont even know this code i started from 0000 to 0300 and i quit heh so can any1 help me with this probelm

Unregistered guest
My Mitsubishi WS-55411 shut off tonight and now won't power back on although the green light will come on for a couple of seconds. It's disconcerting because it was working fine than poof. Nothing. I live over 50 miles from the nearest repair tech, but I will be calling when they're open, which is not now, a Sunday evening. I find it very strange that so many Mitsubishi models are having the same problem, and I think it's more than just a case of call a service tech. It sounds to me that there's been enough complaints about this happening that something should be happening at the corporate level. Writing a complaint letter, etc., also needs to take place. It seems it's more than just "call a repairman" when the problem seems to be widespread across several models that are fairly new. Not to mention, despite Paul's advice as to use this as a time to upgrade your TV, we paid roughly $1000 or more for the one we're having problems with. Generally I like to get more bang for the buck than less than 2 years for my $1500.

Username: Garry153

My old Mitsubishi VS-4007R has white lines running fron top to bottom of the screen across the entire screen. Any ideas? If so, are they something i can do myself

Unregistered guest
hi i'm new to this forum just looking for a cure for my problem.Any help would be nice.I have an RCA 61 TV when i turn it on its fine for a minute then then colors get missalined any ideas is it worth fixing its about7 years old?

Unregistered guest
My 65 inch Diamond Mitsubishi is about four years old and has always had a great picture. Recently, the wide screen converges to some degree in the center. In other words, the top of the screen drops down in the center forming an arc from one side of the screen to the other. The bottom of the screen pulls up from the center forming an arc from one side to the other. The center of the screen seems to remain undistorted. After a few hours of operation, the screen will usually return to normal. Any idea what is causing this?

Donewithbigscreens
Unregistered guest
Paul. I have seen enough to know I have seen too much. 10 year old paper weight for sale. On / off problem with my 10 year old mits. and now out the door. I will be taking your advice and off to the store we go. Any idea where I can dump a 52" big screen TV without messing up the environment?
Keep the great advice coming.

Unregistered guest
I have a mits VS-45607 4 yrs old have problem with rolling pic. replaced the Ic451 and Ic8c02 with no luck.have heard problems with pip board on these modles. is ref#IC6P01 part#275P361020 the likely cause. New to this repair thing any help would be appreciated

Unregistered guest
my vs50705 mitsu Tv wont turn on the repair tech said that the power supply board is bad.Whats the cost of replacing this part,and Once this is fix can i expect more problems with this set ?I dont use it much and i think thats part of the problem.

Unregistered guest
I have recently bought a mitsubishi t.v. a 52 inch if i am correct anyway when my son was using it i had to lock him out of it due to innapropriate material and when i set the v chip thing on i have forgotten what my password was and i would like to know if there is a way to bypasss it. to use my big screen

donnajean
Unregistered guest
I have a mitsubishi vs 50609 the parental locks are on and of course i have no idea where my manual is.Can someone please steer me in the right direction on removing these? Thank-you

Unregistered guest
According to Mitsubishi service, the green light problem I mentioned earlier is because the TV is shutting itself down to prevent damage. It requires service. I've called a service rep, but he hasn't arrived yet. Apparently there are 700 things that this could mean. Oh yea.

To DaveDoneWrong, and DonnaJean, you can download your TV's owner's manual at www.mitsubishi-tv.com and the directions to reset the lock and v-chip are in there.

markincolorado
Unregistered guest
Sherwood, it's amazing but my WS-65413 has the exact same problem and it's only 14 months old. I would like to see what your technician has to say because it sounds like this is a common problem with these TV's and they probably all have a common solution.
As far as "Paul" is concerned I think he is a jerk. All he can say is "call a technician". One of the reasons for this board is for people to find out about and fix problems themselves and save A LOT of money. He says "would you fix your car yourself", you damn right. I go to both the GM and Ford sites and find out exactly what a problem part is by other owners with similar experiences. This way I don't have to go to the dealer or a shop and get "put together".

Username: Danny_j

I have a six year old Samsung 27inch TV. The problem is quite recent...when you turn it on the color is normal but then the picture will turn green. I have to turn it off an on just to get the color corrected however, the problem continues varying in time before the picture is green again. Could anyone explain to me what may be the problem?

Username: Prince

Green bay, Wisconsin USA

Hi All,
I have a 1991 Mits. 50" with a annoying problem, when the set is cold and I turn it on, for the first 20-40 minutes the screen flips continually, after that is clicks in and is perfect.
I paid a $100 advance fee to diagnose at a local tv repair shop, The tech made the comment it would be like finding a needle in a haystack? I am waiting to hear back from the shop, I just wanted to know if you have any ideas on what would cause this, and about how much I would be paying to have it fixed, I would like to have it fixed if it's not too expensive, if it's too much, I think I would just put it in the kids playroom downstairs, Like I said after the inital warming-up period it works great?
I also wanted to know where I can find another screen protector (the one that velcros to the front), as I have a few scratches on mine.
Thanks in advance

RAY D
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A MITSUBISHI TV MODEL # WS-65713 THERES SPOTS ON THE SCREEN.A SERVICE TECH WAS HERE SAYING THAT THE LIGHTS OR LENS HAVE DUST ON THEM. TRIED TO CLEAN BUT SPOTS ARE STILL THERE AND YES ITS OPEN IN THE BACK SO DUST CAN GET IN. YOU WOULD THINK THAT THE BACK WOULD BE SEALED, SO NOT AS MUCH DUST CAN GET IN.

flick
Unregistered guest
I have a 55" Mits HDTV less than a month old. I watched the news this morning on it, turn it off and worked 10 hours, came home turned it on,...green light no pic. I am calling a service tech but is there anything anyone knows about one can do to self medicate the problem and possibly save 70 bucks??

Username: Devika

Temple, Texas USA

I have Mitsubishi TV .HD1080 46 INCHES.
3 years old.When we are watching TV it automaticalyy stop.It asked password.Ifogot my password.How can I get that again.

Unregistered guest
I think Paul has provided a lot of good info but he has failed to point-out what I consider the best solution to some problems. First - don't try to get the best deal possible - deal with a Mits Diamond dealer and give him all your business - TVs, VCRs and DVD players. Then you will have a friend to help you deal with MITS. My five year old Mits failed - the blue tube developed a leak and dripped blue fluid all over the Signal board. My dealer could not locate a replacement board - and Mits couldn't help. So. the dealer contacted Mits on my behalf and then had me call them. Mits agreed the board couldn't be located but also agreed to give me an allowance towards a new, 2006 model of the same amount as my dealer had allowed me when I traded in my older projection set in 2000. Which was also five years old.

I have followed this same policy in dealing with my car dealer, my car mechanic, my car body shop, my central air condition dealer and other merchants located in my town. In the long run, it has paid off.

Mitziowner
Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi rear projection tv model no. VS-4504R. Whenever i try to turn it on, it makes a "click" sound, then another, but no pic or sound. Any suggestions please?

peetz
Unregistered guest
have a mitsubishi vs-50501a 1998 model never had a problem until today,when turning on it turns back off on its own,then if i wait few minutes it will turn on and stay on for about 10 mins. then turns self off, anyone had this problem and what did you do

mitziowner
Unregistered guest
peetz, that is similar 2 mine
When it happened b4, there was a way to reset it

Unregistered guest
Hi,
We own a Mitsubishi VS-5006R. When we turn on the TV you can here it click like it's on but no sound or picture comes on. Do you think the problem could be the rely connector?

Unregistered guest
Hello, I have a Mitsubishi HD1080 from the year 2000 When I try to turn it on the green light on the power button lights up and i hear a click then the light goes off and i hear another click when the light goes off i would really like to know what the problem is

Anonymous

PAUL SHOULD TAKE A CHILL PILL...OR MAYBE HE IS JUST BLEEDING BETWEEN HIS LEGS...
EVERYONE WOULD RATHER NOT GO SPEND ANOTHER $4000 ON A SET. WE WOULD LIKE TO TRY TO SALVAGE OUR INVESTMENT>>>
YOU ARE RUDE AND ARROGANT AND SHOULD RELIQUISH MODERATING THIS BOARD IF YOU ARENT GONNA OFFER HELP OR AT LEAST BE COURTEOUS

mitsubishitvfan
Unregistered guest
what is fail safe mode? how do u get out of it?

Unregistered guest
I have a 50" model vs50605. It started a couple of month ago where the vertical hold would not lock in for around twenty minutes or so. It got progressively worse 10 hours or so then now it will kind of lock in. I have purchased another HD set to replace it and I wanted to fix this for my basement. Any ideas? I repair video monitors on gaming equipment so I know a little but when I opened up the back it sure looks differant with three crts. Help or advise would be great. Ron

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi TV that is about 8 years old. Every once in a while when I turn it on it has a yellow tint to it. It stays like this for about a week then goes back to normal. Is there anything I can do to help this problem? Please email me if you have any suggestions. justman7@comcast.net

Unregistered guest
I have a 42" MItsubishi HD1080 series, and I have the same "bowtie" problem that several of you have mentioned. I did not see any mention of a solution, though. Mine goes from perfect to bowtie about every minute, and if I whack it on top, it will straighten out for a couple of minutes. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1938
get it serviced.

It's not rocket science.

Geesh...

C'mon man....

Username: Devika

Temple, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Hi,
This is my problem ----
CHANNEL 025 IS LOCKED
V-CHIP LOCKED THE PROGRAMM
BECAUSE THE RATING IS TV-14
TO WATCH THE PROGRAM
ENTER YOUR PASSWORD

WHAT IS MY PASSWORD?

Username: Tjm

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55859 HDTV with an unusual problem - all of the various menus bars or pop-ups are being displayed as a very dark gray / black color so they are not visible. For example if I press the Info button, the information as to which device/ channel I am watching appears in Black characters, which are visible if there is a light colored background. However if I press the Device button to select another device, then the Menu bar that pops up is grayed/blacked out and I cannot see what I am doing. very frustrating! Has anyone heard or seen (not seen!) this problem before?
I have tried switching on and off, unplugging, as well as using the reset button - alas all to no avail!
It isn't a new set - about 3 yrs old, but hardly used. The brightness and contrast have no effect on the problem - I am able to watch DVD's and TV Channels perfectly well, - it is just the menu options that are very dark to the point that they are not visible, so it is guesswork when changing devices - the menus are operable, but you just can't see them!!!
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks, Terry.

Unregistered guest
I have a VS50607 50" projection TV 4 years old. It shuts itself off at will. This started in April when a new cable company began to rewire everything. The dealer sent a technician out twice and said it's not the TV. Comcast said it's not them. Please help this 71 year old woman what to do next.
Dee

paulisanidiot
Unregistered guest
Paul--whathehell is wrong with you ????
Somebody get rid of this idiot on this board.
Paul needs mental help.

Unregistered guest
If your having problems with your Mitsubishi projection Tv, please email me at projectiontvman@yahoo.com so that I may be able to assist you. I have been documenting a number of the problems where the screen goes blank, won't turn on, or the colors are skewed. It has to do deal with the CRT tubes leaking onto the motherboard. Anyone in california?

Unregistered guest
Hi guys:
We have a mitsubishi TV that suddenly has parental lock on and we don't even remember having put in a lock number 10 years ago when we purchased it. We found a site which describes how to overwrite the parental lock but an "original remote" is necessary for that procedure. UNFORTUNATELY, we don't have the orinal remote anymore. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bent
Unregistered guest
BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE BOW-TIE

i know i should call a service tec but i am on this page to see if can fix this prob myself!!! so stop saying call a tec! some tips/help would be nice...

Username: Plasmatvman

Post Number: 7
http://www.plasmahouse.com sells new mitsubuishi tvs

Unregistered guest
Hello, my name is jon,
is there anyway to reste a tv to factory settings,specifacly a cs-sx1? thanks!

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem an tv. I have adjusted the convergence before, and have read the manual. With this problem you cannot adjust the convergence. Trying to set to original factory settings doesn't work. I was also hoping to find a slolution. Apparently it's do not buy another Mitsubishi television again.

Unregistered guest
i have a mitsubishi tv model cs-27mx1 serial 019430 april 1993 i have problem with the parental lock is on and don't know how shut it off i lost the manual for the tv so can you please help me what to do.

Anonymous

i have model vs-45a2 it is 12yrs old-the
screen says tuner off-no tv reception on this
why

Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi HDTV model HD 1080 and it`s hooked up on to cable but I have a problem, it woun`t show some channels coz the "channel is restricted". The thing is cable shows on channel three and all other channels show on the same but there are particular ones that woun`t show. If there`s anyone that knows what`s going on, please contact me, my babies want to enjoy tv. What`s more, I seem to have misplaced the intruction manual that came with it.

TomsMits
Unregistered guest
Mits. VS-55601 audio works fine but picture just went out. Bulbs burn out? Fixable in home with new parts or is a techy a must? Thanks.

Anonymous

We also have a Mitsubishi (VS5046 mfg Jan '97) that turns itself off. We don't use it much (1hr/ day or not at all for many days) and it started having the shut off problem a year or so ago. Then it started working again, but has the red ghosting. After using the TV (2-3 hours/day) more than we normally would have, it started turning off again. Now when it is turned on the the green power light comes on for a second and it turns off. I think most have concluded it has to do with something leaking inside and I found this post on another site: http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=91557&messageid=1060376241 by a technician who fixed the problem. Unfortunately, the site is for technicians or I would post asking how much that type of repair costs to get an idea of what to expect.

TV repairs are not like cars and most of us are not familiar with our "local" TV repair man (his integrity or competence); we don't want to drop $70+ to be told it can't be fixed or to get gouged with questionable repairs. Considering the number of us who have the same "shut off" problem" has anyone called Mitsubishi?

Username: Lee_g

I just got a new Mitsubishi model WD-52627. At times it has a problem where the audio and video are out of synch when people are talking. I have two cable connections, one direct from the wall and one through the box.I haven't been able to isolate the problem yet between one or the other (doubt it matters) or between HD content and other content. I think I've read about this somewhere else but I haven't been able to find anything after searching. Anybody know anything about the problem? Is it a fixable problem or a flaw so bad I should just return it?

Thanks.

CD
Unregistered guest
I have a mistmishi HDTV - 4 yrs old. The problem started a week ago, I couldn't turn it off, I had to try a few times to turn it off. Or I had to try several times to tunr it on. two days later, picture started changing to greenish, sometimes, I can't change the volume. now, after I turn it on, no picture, no sound, and it tunrs off automatically.

What is wrong with it?

Unregistered guest
looking to set memory program on a 1985 CS-2667-R no books ect ect.

Username: Deathmetalre

my tv does something kind of similar to that. but mine really wont come on at all, it just clicks off almost immediately. i just wondered if anyone has any idea what i should do with this or where i can get a part to fix this. re

Unregistered guest
Source for technical service manual for TS-5053 big screen TV.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2359
Call a service tech. You cant fix it if you dont know what's broken.

Ken W
Unregistered guest
I also have a modell VS4502R with the video inputs
'locked'. Anyone know how to unlock them. The screen shows a 4 digit code but I have no idea want 4 numbers to use? Thanks.

Anonymous

The hour glass issue cannot be fixed in any of the menus. It is not a convergence issue that can be adjusted. I know because I've tried. The user's manual doesn't say anything about this because the user can't fix it. I know because I read it, Paul. I haven't had a repair person come yet because he could tell me that I need a new set of Pterodactyl Crystals and I wouldn't know any better. I do look on-line about things that I have no information on to get better informed. I have posted a request for help on this issue on another website and the term pincushions was mentioned. I'm waiting for more info from this source and will gladly post any that is provided to me.

The question about your password for the V-Chip can be answered in the users manual. For my model it reads: Bypassing the V-Chip Lock
After you set the lock, you need your
passcode to view a V-Chip locked program,
view the locked TV, cancel the
lock, or enter the V-Chip lock menus.
If you forget your passcode, you can
view the locked TV without entering your
passcode. This is done by pressing the
number 9 and QV buttons on the remote
TV control at the same time, when your
password is requested. This process
temporarily unlocks the TV.
When entering the V-Chip Lock menu,
this process deletes your old passcode
and prompts you to enter a new passcode.

Perhaps this will work for yours. Anyone who doesn't have a copy of the owners manual can go to http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/ to download a copy of models at least back to 2002.

mitshater
Unregistered guest
hey guys i have a mits ws55511 bought in 2003 i have the same problem as u guys about tv turn on for 3-4 second then turn off again. i called the mits manufacture directly and only thing they said is to call the tech. i think in my honest opinion is to never buy mits tv again.. they are sucks and not to say expensive. i have having a tech come over to my house to take a look at it and see what is wrong and i will let u guys know. this tech charge me $10 compare to other $42 dollar. so i think it's worth it bu thas to see what it will cost to fix it.

Unregistered guest
I am having problem with my Mitsubishi HD 1080 65" tv. When I switch on it is fine but within few minutes the one color(red) gets shifted a bit. It is more on one side. I live in Dallas,TX. I am trying to get this fixed. Do you what is causing this problem and do you know any one in this area who can fix this problem.

Anonymous

I HAVE A MITSUBISHI MODEL #CS-26EX1, SERIAL #14872 PURCHASED IN 1992.
THE PICTURES WILL NOT STAY STILL. IT SEEMS TO BE WORSE IF THERE IS A FILM CLIP, AS IN THE NEWS. I CAN FIND NOTHING IN THE FRONT OR THE BACK OF THE SET TO ADJUST THIS CONSTANT MOVEMENT. CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THIS OR AT LEAST GIVE ME A NAME OF A GOOD REPAIR SHOP IN THE SACRAMENTO, CA AREA. THANK YOU.

Unregistered guest
So,sounds like mitsubishi's have a known "on/Off" problem or this problem is actually a "protection" when some thing down the line is broke.My cs-2671 has the same problem and i was about to replace the "start up transformer" labeled t904 on board{green lite on and off in 1-2 seconds}.Good idea??????

Fed Up
Unregistered guest
I came on here looking for answers to a Mitsu problem. I've seen many other people with the same problem asking for help. The answers I keep seeing are from some supercilious jerk called Paul. He says "Call A tech". Well, gee Paul, not all of us are blessed with your brillant insight or money. We come here seeking solutions, not ridicule. So if you can't offer any help, try keeping your mouth shut. It uses less space.

Unregistered guest
Need service manual or schematics for a Mits CS3735C

Unregistered guest
Need service manual or schematics for a Mits CS3735C

Gold Member

Post Number: 2462
Why dont you google it?

Post Number: 2
Hey, now I recognize Paul from one of the other threads I've been reading... Google it? How do you think many of us got here to begin with? Paul, I've seen you involved in some petty arguments, some your fault, some not. Just a suggestion. If you have an opinion or knowledge about the specific problem, please share it. Although your opinions aren't always popular, often they make sense to me. As for suggestions on how to use the web, forums, etc., though, most of us know how and it's doubtful you have any unique expertise to add.

I asked earlier, and I'm still looking for basic information on a sound/video synch problem. My TV is now 2 weeks old, I'm not calling a tech yet, Paul, because I don't have time to wait at the house for one, I did call the dealer and he hasn't responded (surprise), and I called Mistsubishi and they were no help (surprise). Prior to and subsequent to posting here, I've looked at threads on other web sites. I've seen other info but can't pin this down. Apparently audio/video synch may be a problem with some Mitsubishi DLP TV's, it may be a problem with DLP technology generally, it may be a problem with HD broadcasting, or it may be something else. If anyone can shed some light on the basic nature of the problem, I would appreciate it.

Anonymous

Paul. Please shut the f*ck up. Your answers are useless.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2474
Lee,
Try reading your owners manual, and the solution to your TV sound issue will present itself. And your assumption is correct because buying a DLP was a big mistake.

Dish Network
Unregistered guest
I only read through part of the thread, noticed a lot of people with the same problem. Also noticed some dickhead Paul not being much of a help... decided to skip over most.

But for all you guys that have Mitsubishi's with PnP (picture-in-picture), the screen just turning off on you, while the TV remains on and you still hear sound... its the PnP module. Two things to correct it: You can either have the module replaced or bypassed (for those that don't care about PnP).

You will pay anywhere from $200 - $400 to fix. I was lucky and found a guy that did pickup/delivery for $50 and replaced the module for $186.

It usually starts out as an intermittent problem, but will eventually just shut down. However, it is a common problem with Mitsubishi's using PnP. Call around to TV repair shops in your area... especially the Mom and Pop operations. Make sure you call several, because you will get several different quotes.

Oh... and Paul... you're still a dickhead.

Mitsu
Unregistered guest
I agree with paul %100 percent, most of this is just common sense which alot of people lack these days. If your tv is shutting off after 3 seconds, its going into fail safe mode and needs service. If you are trying to adjust the convergence and it not moving in the menu, it needs service! And for gods sake Read your damn manuals. I to get tired of helping people who buy $3000 DLP tv, and don't know how to change inputs on a tv or hookup a VCR. Go by a simplier tv and save everyone the headache.

I actually provide support for some of these tvs, and i'm sorry to inform u guys, but alot of the general public is just to stupid to use them!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2500
Yep,
Lots of stupid questions in this thread, and a stupid response is all they deserve. If you arent a trained technition and your TV breaks, call a damn serviceman and get the thing fixed, or throw it in the trash and buy a new one.

Anonymous

All of the people calling because the inputs are locked used the QV9 button to bypass the locks. It will allow you access. If you wanto disable the parental lock you would need to contact mitsu. Half the people in this forum need service on their t.v. Convergence issues, concave pictures

Anonymous

hello again,i had posted earlier re problem with the tv turning off after 3-4 second. well i cked the manuel and call the mits manufacture they said to contact the tech. apparently it's a safe mode feature where the tv will turn itself off if it detect any problem with the tv or power outage. i been having problem with my ws-55511 model til recently where i cant even turn it back on. i call the tech which cost me $10 to come out and they said it's "error 22" something has to do with high voltage and it cost me $400 to fix it. the safe mode feature is built in your tv as a protection from any further damage to your tv. anyway for me it's worth the fixing because i barely got the tv. the tech that came out to my house he used to work for mits and he built those thing. according to him mits is one of the best brand to go with they should last very long. so im hoping after this problem it will last a long time..anyway hope it will answer some of you guys question

mitsu_2
Unregistered guest
Mr. Phillips you need a software upgrade. call operational assistance at 866 252 4333. it is something mitsu is aware of. have your serial number and version handly and model info. i work for mitsu that is how i know! :-)

mitsu_2
Unregistered guest
Mr. Phillips you need a software upgrade. call operational assistance at 866 252 4333. it is something mitsu is aware of. have your serial number and version handly and model info. i work for mitsu that is how i know! :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2509
hello again,i had posted earlier re problem with the tv turning off after 3-4 second. well i cked the manuel and call the mits manufacture they said to contact the tech.
===============

Well, Duh???
What did you expect??? Did you think they were going to give you step by step instructions for disassembling your TV along with repair instructions over the phone??? If only people had common sense, this thread would not exist.
LOL

Typical post in this thread......
"Help, my TVs broken!! What should I do??"

Sincerely,
Dopie

Apt Agent Matt
Unregistered guest
I have a 2 yr old Mitz 1080 65 inch.....After a recent power outage I can only get the TV to turn on if I unplug the unit from my surge protector and plug it back in. Then it will only come back on after the power light flashes green for over a minute and I push the power button a second time when it stops flashing ?? I think it is in safe mode but I can't get it out. Any suggestions ??

GitErFixedDummy
Unregistered guest
If the thing doesnt work, git it fixed dummy.

Anonymous

paul if u dont have anything nice to say u need to "shut up" and take your medication and go to bad..we like to find out what is wrong with the tv belong we spend some money. anyway for all of you who are seriously asking for help (except the jerk paul) for the problem re tv keep turning itself off..well it cost approx $400..but again depend on your tv so have a tech come out to ck it for you. search around for the tech that charges less service fee that way u dont feel your money is wasted if you decided not to do..or you can contact the manufacture to get the authorize service tech for mits.

Post Number: 5
Mitsu_2, thanks. I will make the call in the next couple of days.

Unregistered guest
Who the hell is Paul? and why does he always answer "Call a service tech" when you ask about a problem... or gives dumb answers" Is he a retard service tech bitter at life making $14/hr and just bored out of his mind??

Unregistered guest
Go to input 2

Anonymous

I have a model vs5041, picture went,I had to tap side of case and it would come back fine, now its gone what has gone bad and how much to repair,If I could afford a new one I would but I can't. ONLY SANE ANSWERS PLEASE

Username: Fb2542

I have a Mitsubishi 42" HD1080 with the same problem as most of you posted here. Turn on the power, green light comes on then a few seconds goes out. Have had it in for repair and was told that the 2 tuners had arced and were burned but could bypass and go straight to the fuse since we do not have an outside antenna. Said ok, do it and as soon as we got it home worked for an hour and started doing the same thing. Can anyone help or give a phone number or URL so we can get this thing fixed. Only had it for 2 years and really can't afford a new one as this on cost $1800. This is ridiculous! Thanks....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2551
Your TV is broken.....

Get it serviced.

Unregistered guest
hi paul, i need HELP I have mitsubishi cs-35707 which is about 8yrs old. every once in while it becomes yellowish green and stays like it. if i turn it off it sets the normal colors some times. now this happens frequently would you please give sugestions ? thanks a lot

Username: Kmal7788

Post Number: 3
I have a Samsung HLP4663W HDTV, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD Digital Cable Box, a Sansui VRDVD4005 VCR/DVD recorder combo, and a 25 year old stereo receiver. I want to be able to watch TV or a Tape or a DVD and be able to hear the sound through the stereo speakers, and I want to be able to turn off the TV and listen to music channels from the cable box, and I want to be able to record from the TV and/or cable box on both tapes and dvds. I have all sorts of cables, but not sure which ones to use and in which order to connect everything. Right now I have everything I want EXCEPT I cannot turn off the TV when I have the digital music channel on and I can't record on either tape or dvd. I have so many spots on the back of the TV to plug things into I am very confused. I have AV1, AV2, Component 1, Component 2. Help!

Please reply to email KMAL7788@aol.com. Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2576
ravi,

What else is there to say other than you need to get it serviced, or replaced.

Kristen,
The reason you cant turn off your tv and listen to the music channels is because you've hooked it up incorrectly. You need to run the audio from the cable box directly into your receiver. NOT 'out' from your TV.

Anonymous

We bought a Mitsubishi projection tv from our neighbor, model vs 50800. We don't have any manuals. We are experiencing wavy lines across the screen from left to right, spaced one inch apart. How can I get a manual for diagnosis or can you recommend a solution. I have removed all speakers near the tv so that no magnetic influence is now affecting it and shut power off for 24 hours so the set could reset itself, but this didn't work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2586
Ask your neighbor if they were having this problem. It sounds like it needs servicing, and they sold you a broken TV.

Ask for your money back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us