Problem with the new Direct TV Plus DVR!!

Username: Puckhead

Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Just received the "new and upgraded" Direct TV DVR R-15. It seems that I can no longer use the dual tuner feature, unless there is something recording on one of the tuners. With my old Direct TV Tivo, I am able to use the dual tuner feature without having to record anything on either tuner. I can simply flip back and forth between the 2 tuners. Now, it seems their "upgraded" version won't do what their "older" model will do?? Anyone have any suggestions?

BFart
Unregistered guest
You should have read the reviews of the R-15 before getting rid of your old DirectV TIVO, it's clear from the reviews that the old TIVOs are much better. If you can, return it to the store or DTV for a refund and cancel the 1yr contract, then go back to your old TIVO.

mlpaper
Unregistered guest
The new Direct TV DVR R-15 is absolutely terrible. Even the customer service representatives at Direct TV have admitted as much. They are no longer able to carry the old Samsung DVR's and there are copywright issues involved. We kept our old one and got this new one for another room in the house. Not only does it lose the dual tuner capabilities, it no longer records suggestions, the caller ID funtion does not work (not that I needed or wanted it, but they offered it and it does not work. I was told it never will by Direct TV.), when you sort things in the guide or on the the list page in a certain order, it does not keep. Everytime you exit a menu it goes back to the default. It reset my priorities and cut off a show in the middle of it. If you are recording something and leave the channel, you can not find the channel you were n by using the dual tuner option, you have to go into your List of recordings to find out what it was you were recording and what channel you were watching. Also, it does not let you pause a show and change the channel. You have to actually hit record if you want to change the channel. Another lost feature of losing the dual tuner. There is a lot of work and upgrades that Direct TV needs to do and as I mentioned earlier, they are well aware of this.

I know this did not really assist you as you asked for suggestions, but unless you purchase the Samsung from another location or cancel your Direct TV service, there is nothing Direct TV or anybody else can help you with. If you get the right person at Direct TV on the phone, they will tell you as much. They will also tell you to go find the other brand and they will assist you with setting it up, as they will need certain codes to properly register the box in your home.

Username: Puckhead

Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only who is suffering!!

And per the DirectTV reps "All sales are final after installation!"

I'm having the exact same problems as you, except my caller ID works (whoopee!).....

I still can't figure out how to set up a Season Pass to auto-record some of my favorite shows!!

Looks like we've both got a pretty good paper weight on our hands.....man this thing really sucks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us