Samsung dlp

jacob1
Unregistered guest
we purchased a samsung hl-p4663w on 11-06-04,and it worked flawlessly for almost an entire year.the set then began to shut off without any input from the remote or the power button itself. this problem was repaired under warranty by our local samsung authorized dealer with the installation of a new board. recently we have noticed a white mark that looks almost like an x-ray in the upper right corner of the screen,which is most noticeable while watching a show with a dark background.we tried to shut off all external light sources to eliminate any reflection problems-no difference.please respond with any comments.(i neglected to buy the extended warranty!)

jacob2anewbeginning
Unregistered guest
Whoops. Should have gotten that. Sounds like the dreaded two ply screen effect. The two plastic sheets that make up the screen develop static electricity over time and touch, causing the effect you describe. You might try contacting Samsung, they were replacing this screen design with a single ply version for quite a while.

rrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
Just call samsung tell them you spent a lot of money on the tv and it should work for longer then 1,2 even 3 years. My mom has a tv from 1978 it still works fine. They should give you free service. You do get a 90 day extension after the service was done. But its a internal problem so they should fix it. Dont let them push you around keep in mind you paid a lot of money for the tv. Samsung no's there tvs have plenty of problems. Thats just what i would do. Good luck. have had the same problem and that what i did it was about 1 1/2 yrs. old they fixed it.

jacob1
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice.We have learned an expensive lesson about samsung and dlp technology.$2800 for a tv that works for 14 months is ridiculous, with or without a $400 "extended warranty",and of course calling samsung accomplished nothing.Someone please kick my a** if I ever consider samsung or any dlp again...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us