Sharp LC-26DA5U limitations

Username: Pei_guy

Charlottetown, PEI Canada

Post Number: 4
Have been looking for a HDTV for some time now. not a big screen, just a 16x9 format. Decided on an LCD to place in a small den/office area. To be used for a computer monitor as well as to watch DVD's and some TV. The Sharp had it all, the name, the looks and the picture and others had said that it was the best for computer use. I was surprised as well as embarrassed to find out when I got home that this current model does not have a VGA or DVI connection for computer hookup. The "D" connector is a serial port used to calibrate the unit. In fact the manual says absolutely nothing about using it as a computer monitor. I guess the previous years model had DVI as well as HDMI that may have resolved the issue. I also tried it with a video card that has RGB outputs, it could not be configured to give a decent picture. (Yes I have the correct drivers) Other than the lack of computer functionality, this is a great unit. Up-converted DVD's look stunning. Sadly this will go back as computer use is a deal breaker here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us