26" LCD to be used for a computer monitor

Username: Pei_guy

Charlottetown, PEI Canada

Post Number: 3
Looking for a 26" LCD to be used for a computer monitor as well as HDTV and DVD's. Any recommendations? Must have HDMI as well as VGA.

tho
Unregistered guest
I suggest you check out the 26" Olevia LT26HVX model (not the old HVE). Occasionally, it can be found for US$599 brand new, that is at least 30% cheaper than other brand name models of same spec. It has 1366x768 native resolution, 700:1 brightness, 1600:1 contrast, 8ms response time and accepts 1280x1024 via DVI perfectly well (even though spec says up to only 1280x720) when used with a DVI-D (Digital) Dual Link cable. The nicest thing about this TV is that you can split the TV into DVI and VGA input and used as 2 monitors. Some card even allow the resolution to be set individually. Mine is a ATI PCIE 256M X300-SE and it can do that so you can set VGA to 1024x768 and DVI to 1280x1024. I have not known of any other HDTV that can do this. I have had it for only 2 weeks and quite happy with it as I use it mainly as a PC monitor but watching DVD or TV at the same time. No problem whatsoever. Display is really nice at 1024x768 with VGA but can be used with DVI at 1280x1024 and other settings such as 1280x720, ... However, it does not have HDMI just DVI. In fact HDMI is known for issues with PC input. I prefer DVI because I use it mainly as a PC monitor.

Username: Pei_guy

Charlottetown, PEI Canada

Post Number: 5
Great reply Tho, here in Canada prices are higher, oh well that is the cost of Freedom!
I have purchased the Samsung LN-R267W, have only used it for one day and so far I am satisfied with both the PC and DVD displays. Local F-Shop matched Best Buy's combo deal of LCD with Samsung HD850 DVD player for $1200 CDN. This is considerd a great deal in Canada. As far as the Olevia goes, sounds like it is great for the PC split screen, something that I would of liked,but I cannot bring myself to spend the big $$$ on an LCD that I feel is an off brand. Let us know how you make out with this unit in the future.

Username: Frankwhite

Post Number: 3
WOW!!! 26in computer monitor dubbed as tv whenperformed. i have hard time finding 19in pc monitor much under 400.00
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us