Picture quality on satetlite reciever

Username: Bigbird007

Post Number: 1
thinking of buyin a sony 50a10 tv hooked up to my satetlite reciver it is not hdtv. how would the quality be? any recomendations on tvs for a non hdtv source?

Bronze Member
Username: Mph

Post Number: 26
The picture quailty usually depends on the input you use into the t.v. Using an s-video or component connection from the box into the t.v. will give you a better picture that the more traditional RG-6 coax cable.

Most people today are buying the new high def. sets, even if they cannot get high def. at the present time. It just makes more sense since everything will convert to high def. over time. The HD sets usually have some for of "upconversion" on them that will increase a standard picture resuliton to near high def. quality. Progressive scan DVDs are stunning as well.

The type of set you purchase depends on many things. Room size, viewing distance and angle, top resolution output, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 69
What kind of satetlite system do you use. Direct TV is now selling HD boxes for $200 with a $200 rebate. If your going with a HDTV you have to get a HD signal.

anonymous 1
Unregistered guest
i just bought an akai pt5250a projection hd ready tv. should i use an s video cable instead of regular coax and will that give me a clearer picture. i only have extended basic cable which is not digital.

Username: Lopro

Post Number: 7
why not invest in component cable its better than s-video and u can use it once u get digital cable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us