Help - Please Read

Sony LCD vs. Plasma
Unregistered guest
I am struggling with determining the right LCD/Plasma television for me.

I currently have a Sony Credit Card and would like to use the points I have accumulated to reduce the cost of my purchase. However I am not sure if the Sony Bravia LCD is right.

I have HD DirecTV. Don't play video games. Primarily watch sports and movies.

I am concerned with the "blurring" of fast action on LCDs. Also, I don't think that I will use any of the options available on the Bravia, such as the Cable Card. I just want a large screen that shows sports, tv, and movies well.

Thoughts? Should I just get the Bravia LCD? Should I go with a Panasonic/Pioneer Plasma and just save my sony points for something else? Should I get a discontinued Sony Plasma? Are there any concerns with the discontinued Sony Plasmas?

I appreciate any help.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 231
Well its nice if you were registered. Let me ask you these 3 qusetions and i can give you a awsome answer. 1) Are you ever going to put it on the wall? 2) Is 40-42 the size you want or thats what you seen in your price? 3) What price range are you wanting to stay in?

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 368
Why dont you register? Sony no longer makes or supports plasmas so it wouldnt be swift to get one.

Username: Jso4c

Post Number: 1
Just registered.

To answer the questions.
1) Yes I would like to wall mount
2) 40-50" would be the ideal size.
3) Price Range is anywhere between $2k-4k. I realize that is a big range. Like anyone I would like to get the best deal but I am willing to pay more for the right product.

With regards to Sony no longer making plasmas. I am able to buy a Plasma from the Sony Web Site so I am assuming that they would still support the product. Is this incorrect?

Thanks again for your help!

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
Yes it is incorrect. The guy who posts as Cuylar Blair here has had a hell of a time trying to get service done on his 6500 Sony. Sony had big time problems with their plasmas which is why they dont make them anymore. I really dont think there is a reason to buy a SOny plasma these days unless you enjoy nonsensical risk taking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
As far as plasma LCD- in general;

1. I like plasmas for movies in the dark due to generally superior contrast ratios.
2. I like LCD technology in brighter lit rooms.
3. I do prefer the Sony LyCOS technology, labeled SXRD by Sony, over their LCD products.

These are my opinions since you are asking.

kingleoM
Unregistered guest
I bought a sony plasma - 37" (kds37xs955)last August (before the new crop of Sony LCDs came out). I'm still happy I made this purchase - beautiful picture and great features.

kingleoM
Unregistered guest
I bought a sony plasma - 37" (kde-37xs955)last August (before the new crop of Sony LCDs came out). I'm still happy I made this purchase - beautiful picture and great features.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us