Need help

Unregistered guest
hey there
I need help I bought a samsung DVD VCR recorder when i burned movies from VHS to DVD they will not play in my other dvd player they will not ff or rew or any other function and if i try to ff or rew it locks up but it play fine in the recorded i made it in what am i doing or not doing right ive used memorex 16x/4.7gb/120min and maxell 8x/4.7gb/2hrs could these be the problem alittle help here would be good

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2264
Are you finalizing the discs? Avoid 16x discs with a standalone.

Username: Texas_grandma

Round rock, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
I'm wanting to copy our huge collection of VHS tapes to DVD. I'm having trouble getting a good picture when connecting the Sima GoDVD CT-200 to my DVD Recorder. If I go directly to the TV from our Sony VCR to the GoDVD there's a go very good picture. However, when I connect the GoDVD to our DVD Recorder (Panasonic DMR-ES20) the picture is terrible - very grainy with lines running through it. I decided to try and record from the the Sony to the Panasonic; however, the quailty was very poor. I've spent the better part of a week talking to GoDVD, running back and forth to Best Buy and Radio Shack and still can't solve the problem. Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2271
You need to be specific on how everything is connected. What speed are you using on the Panasonic?

Round rock, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
Speed? I'm not sure what you're asking me. As far as the picture just watching it through the DVD is bad and recording it doesn't make it any better.

Connection: The DVD Recorder - cable line from the wall. From the TV cable to RF Out; red,white,yellow (in) to DVD red, white, yellow (out). DVD (In) red, white to VCR (out) red, white. Dvd yellow (in) to GoDVD (out)and GoDVD (in)goes to VCR yellow (out).

GoDVD walked me through the connection. I don't think I made any mistakes in relaying this to you (hopefully anyway)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2273
Are you sure you don't have a bad cable somewhere? The picture shouldn't get any worse running through the DVD. Record speed, XP,SP, LP, EP.

Round rock, Tx Usa

Post Number: 3
I thought of that so I purchased and installed all new connection cables. I read some posts you wrote last February where you mentioned that the Sony recorder didn't always allow a good video using the GoDVD. If I remember correctly you indicated that Sony had fairly strong copy protection in it's recorders. We have a Sony VCR not a recorder but I wondered if either the Sony VCR or the Pansonic recorder was somehow interfering with the reception. I'm really out of ideas as to what to do next. I did talk to GoDVD numerous times and have tried several things - the last tech person I spoke to indicated that they have another customer who is having a similar problem; however, they didn't know what equipment they had. Have you heard of any compatibility problems with GoDVD and specific equipment? Also, is there a better source for transfering VHS to DVD other than the GoDVD that might have less problems? As far as our recorder and vcr both are fairly new and still returnable if they are the problem. I do like the Pansonic though so I'm hopeful that's not the culprit. The one time I recorded I used SP; however, the problem exists before I start recording so I don't think the speed is the problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2275
Have you successfully used the GoDVD before? Try connecting straight from the VCR to the DVD, if the picture is good, the GoDVD may be defective.

Round rock, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
No I haven't had any success with the GoDVD. I did connect the VCR to the DVD and had very good picture quality. I've contacted GoDVD and they are sending me a new one; hopefully, this resolves the problem. By the way the customer service at GODVD was very helpful and is bending over backwards to help me. I just thought it would be nice to mention that fact here. Great customer service is very hard to find these days!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us