SAMSUNG DLP TV CUSTOMER SERVICE

RRRRRRRRR
Unregistered guest
HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS WITH MY SAMSUNG DLP 5065,3 GENERATION. SPOTS ON TV THEY FIXED IT. THEN IT STARTED SHUTTING OFF, FIXED. AFTER THAT IT WOULD START TURNING ALL RED WHEN IT WARMED UP. THEY TRYED TO FIX IT AGAIN AND IT GOT WORSE TURNED RED LINES ON THE SIDE AND PICTURES WAS NOT IN LINE. AFTER THREE TIMES GETTING IT FIXED I GOT UPSET AND ASKED FOR A NEW TV. THEY TOLD ME THEY WONT DO THAT. I REFUSED TO GIVE UP THOUGH I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON THE TV IT SHOULD LAST A LONG TIME. ASKED TO TALK TO THE MANAGER, WAS VERY RUDE, HUNG UP ON ME. WOULDN'T LET ME TALK WITH A BOSS. HE DID OFFER ME A REFURBISHED TV OR SERVICE. I THOUGHT THAT WASN'T FARE. I BOUGHT A NEW TV, I SHOULD GET A NEW TV THAT WORKS. FINALLY AFTER HOURS OF ARGUING, WEEKS OF CALLING I GOT TO TALK TO SOMEONE IMPORTANT AND HE GOT ON THE PHONE RIGHT AWAY APOLIGIZED GAVE ME THE BRAND NEW MODEL SAMSUNG 50IN. ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN WAITING 2 WEEKS SINCE THAT AND STILL NO NEW TV FROM THEM. THEY SAY NEXT WEEK. POINT TO THIS IS DONT LET CUSTOMER SERVICE PUSH YOU AROUND OR SELL YOU A BETTER PRODUCT YOU PAID FOR IT IT SHOULD WORK. EVENTUALLY YOU WILL GET TO SOMEONE HIGH ENOUGH IN THE CHAIN. DONT GIVE UP GOOD LUCK SAMSUNG LOVERS I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING OF THERES AFTER 6 WEEKS OF BULL.

Darwin Award
Unregistered guest
Yeah, it sounds like a horrible customer service experience. FOR THEM. Your use of ALL CAPS tells me about all I need to know (I won't even touch your spelling) but your admission that you were a total jerk to everyone you talked to over there seals the deal. You are the reason why customer service people hate their jobs. At some point it's worth a couple thousand dollars to just never have to listen to some people again, I'm sure that's the point they reached with you in pretty short order. You saying you will never buy one of their products again would be music to their ears.

Anonymous

In defence of the customer, it doesn't matter if it's Samsung, Sony, JVC, RCA, Panasonic, or whoever! They will deny any broad problem exists when that's obviously the case. You are an isolated incident. They will provide the minimum to get you past the warranty because they were trained to operate that way. It's lie, stall, and lie some more hoping you will get frustrated and go away. You're a number and it's a numbers game. JVC and Panasonic know they have a massive lamp failure issue, but they lie to each caller for fear of being recorded and having evidence against them in court. Sony lies about their failed "mother glass" fractures causing the "roadmap" effect for the same reason. The rest are no different. It's us against them. We are their test bed, their R & D in the field. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. They are relentless, so, we must be relentless. I applaud Mr. RRRRRRRR, though I don't care much for the SHOUTING. Be persistent!!!

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
I tried to be nice i let them fix it three times first. I understand they are doing a job which is to lie. I know they have to follow the rules they are given thats why when i have a big problem i just try to get to the important person because they will bend the written rules. I do be very nice to these people they just dont want people talking to there boss. Sorry about the big letters didn't even pay attention to them!!!!!!!! I treat everyone with respect. i expect to be treated the same way. I paid the money for the TV Darwin, they should replace it after 3 times of fixing it. I do have a lot of samsung stuff and have had no problem with it. Everything has its problems brands dont matter anyways. Parts inside are all basically made by same company. Im basically saying i don't like samsungs customer service compared to others i have had to deal with.

Darwin Award
Unregistered guest
It doea sound like they are indeed replacing it after three repairs, with a brand new model no less so you are getting a MAJOR UPGRADE. If the entire length of your saga was 6 weeks and the end result is a brand new 5067 you should be thanking the heavens above instead of being a spiteful person who says thank you by smearing the company. You basically just upgraded that Costco special into a brand new set.

Two assumptions on your part continue to infuriate as well as illuminate why you are a jerk/idiot.

One: "I understand they are doing a job which is to lie." That's just insulting and mean spirited. As you said they have rules they have to follow and a procedure. That is what doing their job is really. Trying to get them to go outside of that was your mission from the start.

Second: "I paid the money for the TV Darwin, they should replace it after 3 times of fixing it." Where is that written? I believe all manufacturer's warrantys state they cover parts and labor for REPAIR. Where does it say that includes replacement? Now if you have an extended warranty from a brick and mortor retailer like Circuit City those are the rules because you basically bought an insurance policy and the unit is ruled as totalled out after three repairs.

In other words, you admit that the customer service people have to go by the rules and you exert pressure to get up the food chain to someone who will break the rules that you are supposed to go by. And what gives you that right? The money you spent? Well stop the freaking world here comes Mr. Rockefeller.

Username: Briank

Post Number: 9
Does your state have a lemon law and does it cover TV's? Usually with 3 repairs, that item can be considered a lemon and must be replaced according to some state's lemon laws.

Darwin Award
Unregistered guest
Nice try Bri,

If you'd just google it I think you'll find that "Lemon Laws" only apply to CARS. And even if they did by some miracle also apply to televisions, by all means point me at a lawyer that will take a lemon law case on a 1500 dollar TV.

rrrrrrrrockefeller
Unregistered guest
actually darwin there is that rule as soon as i mentioned a lawyer and states attorneys office that is when everyone paniced. Darwin says it all, thinks he knows everything but cant prove it. Why do you stand up for a corperation that tries to throw new products out there left and right and dont fix there problems and i dont care if it is a guy doing his job or its the owner and i dont care about there rule they make to sell bull products. Me the buyer shouldn't have to put up with bad merchandise. What would you have done, be there puppet and take there used tv, our waste your time and take off work for them to come fix it. Then more problems start happening because they dont know how to fix there own tvs.

rrrrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
By the way its not that big of an up grade same tv they just added more things that can mess up. Like the infamous cable card(slow slow slow.) Take care of the problems that exist instead of adding more.

rrrrrrrrretard
Unregistered guest
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know everything but I can definitely see your action coming from a mile away. One thing I do know is the difference between "their" and "there". I also know the difference between "lose" and "loose", an increasingly rare commodity these days. I can also spell most of the words I try to use. There is a difference between typos and just being ignorant. I know that picking on spelling is the easy way out when arguing on line but knowing that wouldn't you think that more people would at least try to spell correctly?

As for your assertion that Samsung "tries to throw new products out there left and right and dont fix there problems" we've seen very few reports of problems with the model that you had so your case is very isolated to say the least. Painting them as putting out bad products based on your one lone experience with a bad set and some poorly trained third party techs is unfair at best and potentially libelous at worst. There are two sides to the legal sword there pal. Intentional mistatements designed to damage a company's reputation could be grounds for legal action. You might not have the dough to hire a lawyer to actually fight a lemon law case against Samsung but I guarantee they have enough on retainer to make you wish you'd never put your fingers on the keyboard.

In other words, take your new TV, be happy and shut the heck up. Pulling out sour grapes about a feature you aren't even going to use is just sad.

rrrrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
try to make your company sound good you must be a salesman. try to sell your bull. I dont care about my spelling enough to go back and check it. im glad you do. states attorneys office cost barely nothing. thats why they have abc investigations to smart guy. there one side the law. There only a year and half old how many problems in 5 years. Keep trying to sell your lies. I ll take my new tv, well see how it does. I wont use that cable card because it is another problem. Tryed it on another tv i bought it was a problem and a slow delayed piece of . Samsung doesn't matter they are nobody. same as you or me. they would just settle anyways. What are 25 yr old no it all or no nothing. well spelling.

rrrrrrrrretard
Unregistered guest
LOL. I always love the "I don't care enough to spell right." defense. A true internet classic. Reading your posts is like reading a Beverly Hillbillies script that was actually written by Jethro Clampett.

rrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
Just got my new great samsung DLP tv today. Looks nice, but it is gitting sent back because there is a huge SCRATH on the inside of the tv. So much for your great samsung tvs darwin. Very few problems huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 606
You got an "R" stock meaning "Returned" and repaired.

Demand an "A" stock this time meaning "New".
They owe it to you for your trouble.

rrrrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
Hey Darwin its funny you make fun of people that can't spell as good as you but we all got more money than you. ME and clampett.

rrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
I did get the A stock thats why i had to argue with them so much.

rrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
At least i think i did how would i know for shere.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 608
It's only on your order confirmation in CS, but you can tell by the way it was packed. New ones have a sticker on the screen, 4 corner supports, and come with an unopened accessory bag. The box has the original staples, not just tape.

rrrrrrrr
Unregistered guest
Thanks, its a new one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us