Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 issues

Username: Movingonup

Post Number: 7
Anyone having trouble getting this NTSC/PAL player to work with DVD's that are not commercially produced NTSC DVD's?

I just bought mine and it will not play any of my DVD-R's made on two different recorders nor will it play PAL DVD's (the reason I got it).

It only plays movie DVD's made in the US.

All others I just here "click, click" ..... "click, click" and then get a No Disc on the screen.

Thanks.

Username: Movingonup

Post Number: 9
Took the unit back to Best Buy and got another. I had the suspect DVD's with me and had the geeks there test them on the second player before I left. They ran no problem.

I did find this player to have issues with some DVD-R media. TDK's I made a couple of years ago would not play but the Verbatims (my standard media since then) played fine and they were made on the same Pioneer deck. My advice is to get the techs to test your unit prior to leaving the store to save you some time and agrivation.

For the $40 this thing costs they are probably not spending too much time on quality control IMHO. I also made that simple hack to set region code to 0 with no problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us