Panasonic DMR-EH50 recording sometimes, sometimes not! Why?

Username: Nursarama

Hawaii

Post Number: 6
I just got this DVR/DVD Recorder hooked up, and it seems like it is picky about what shows it will record. Yesterday afternoon it taped CSI without a hitch, but tonight when I came home from work, the little "record" icon was still lit, and there was no Survivor, CSI, or Without a Trace to be be found! Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible that I am trying to record when the TVGuide EPG is trying to update? And, if so, would leaving the recorder turned on be better?? Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2216
Are you using reliable discs?

Hawaii

Post Number: 7
Sorry...I am trying to record to the hard drive, not a DVD. Thanks.

Astrid
Unregistered guest
Nursarama, I had the exact same problem with my Panasonic. It wouldn't follow through on the timer recordings sometimes, and if I was away for a few days, and didn't turn it on, I would find a U99 error on the display screen when I got back. I disabled the tv guide and haven't had any of these problems since.

Astrid
Unregistered guest
These are the instructions I used to disable the guide. Hope this helps.

Press Setup button on the remote;
Press up or down arrow to select Channel on the left menu;
Press >;
Select up or down arrow to select Auto Channel Setting on the right menu;
Press Enter;
Press <or> to select Yes;
Press Enter;
Press Enter;

The channels are scanned and then you may perform an auto clock setting.

At this point the TV Guide download is disabled. You may then set up timer programs manually by using the remote's Prog/Check button. If the unit is ever returned back to factory defaults, you'll have to run through the procedure again to disable the TV Guide download.

Hawaii

Post Number: 8
Thanks, Astrid. I was wondering how to disable the TV Guide feature. But, I have been trying to figure out a way to continue to use the TV Guide and not have the scheduled recordings fail. I have been testing my theory that if I interrupt the TV Guide from downloading the program info during the programs I want to record (mainly primetime shows), that my shows will record correctly. I have found that if I set the timer to tape a show at 5pm, and also my primetime shows, it seems to work. So, I might be recording shows at 5pm, 8pm & 9pm for example. But always a show at 5pm (which I just delete when I get home.) I am curious whether anyone else has tried this, and whether it has worked. Anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us