Video recoding help.

Username: Woodsguy

Post Number: 1
It is my first time at this board. I have a question but I am really not shour how to begein it. But I will try my best. Ok here go's. I have a VCR and a DVD recorder. I know you can record to the VCR from a DVD recorder player and v.s.. But is there a way to record a VCR to DVD and DVD to VCR and back again with out haveing to rework the cables in the back all the time. Or the easyest way I can think to ask this. Is there a dual video y-cable to make a VCR that only has one in and one out video place a 2 video place and laso for a DVD recorder to. I know they make a audio splitter cable. to make a 1 audio place 2 but I am wondering do they make a video cable splitter not the box type splitter but a cable that is the splitter. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2197
If the DVD recorder has 2 outputs, connect RCAs to the VCR. Connect RCAs from the VCR to the DVD.

Post Number: 2
I just want to say thank you for the help and great info. I wish I did have 2 RCA line outs on my DVD and VCR but I have only. 1 out and 1 in on my DVD and 1 out and in on my VCR. I was hoping to find a type of conector / spliter to do this with. I have looked all over the web with know luck. Now my DVD has a green,red.blue type conector but my VCR has only RCA's. My DVD also has s-video in and out I think. But no s-video hooks on my VCR. Now I know they make a s-video to RCA cable. But I was hoping to do this with RCA's so I do not have to go buy all new cables. I have many RCA cables but only 1 S-Video cable. Also one thing I forgot to add was that I also have my computer hooked up to this also from a converter box. This box has 1 in and 2 out RCA's and 1 out and 1 in S-Video conector. This box is conected to my computers firewire port. I can get video in to my computer and then back out to a VCR tape or if I un-hook and re-hook my RCA's I can put my video from my computer to my set top box DVD recorder. This is what I was hoping I could not have to do all the time or at all. Just by finding a RCA conector / splitter to make a VCR with only 1 video out and 1 video in port a 2 port now and also to my DVD player and recorder. I know they make these for audio to split sound or to make a 1 audio in or out place a 2 place now. Thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2203
You can use a video switcher. They make them in up to around 5 inputs and 2-3 outputs, there are some that go even higher than that, but they get expensive. They sell them at Wal Mart and Radio Shack.

Post Number: 3
Thanks again I will have to give that a look see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us