Why not an RCA DLP? Are they that bad?

michaelf
Unregistered guest
Costco's upcoming sale on the 50" model with a stand for a net price of $1499.00 seems like a good deal. Any reason that I should not go for it?

Bronze Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 38
Is this the 175 model? If so, I can comment. I have the 61" variety. I can safely say it has the best picture I have ever seen when broadcast in HD. More than one person,upon entering my tv room, has commented on the superlative picture. What I have noticed is the intensity of colors. The whites and blacks are outstanding too. As far as picture quality this tv ranks with the best of them.

Having said all that. I have issues and concerns with longevity of RCA products. I speak from experience since this is my third RCA set in five years. I only bought the first one, the rest have been replacements for sets that had no parts.

Trust me, I am not squawking here, but it would be nice to have a set run for 7-10 years with no problems and then replace it.

I would definately get the extended warranty from Costco. I am not familiar with their plans, but it would provide peace of mind I would think.

Also, if that is an RCA stand they are not cheap. So, for $1499 for the whole deal that sounds pretty reasonable.

Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaskim

Post Number: 30
Parts, especially lamp. I have heard horror stories about getting lamps. Maybe the first thing you should do upon buying the tv is to start searching for a replacement lamp. that way you wont have to catch the end of the line when your lamp does fail (and like every other lamp out there, it will fail)

jaskim

randyintx
Unregistered guest
I own a RCA dlp television, the lamp did go out, and RCA after a a little over a month sent me new DLP tv, becuase they could not find lamp, and it wasnt the greatest ordeal I have been in but before I say that I have a 57 inch sony HD tv, I had to take to a service center over 70 miles away under warranty, and its still in service its been since 11/21/2005, they give me the true run around and it looks like I might get another tv, if so I have to go and pick it up! So I do know these both are some what large companies, both have electronics that do go bad(which company doesnt?) but I will always buy RCA from this day on.

Username: Timm

Post Number: 7
when is that sale coming up?

Username: Timm

Post Number: 8
There was a post about this before...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/194661.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us