DVD/VCR/CableBox Hookup,using PIP???

Username: Jimdirt

Fruitland, Idaho U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
*sorry for the long post*
Im hoping someone has encountered this or could shed some light on this problem for me , i have been to the local Cable Co. and they couldnt do any better than i have on solving this hookup problem......ok here goes.....
I have a cable box, a DVD/VCR player(no tuner),32in PIP TV(with only 1 tuner)and a VCR(with a tuner) ,and a Playstation , ...
What i want to do (i did this before but i cant for the life of me remember how to do it)is hook up the items so i can watch TV as usual , and use the PIP function to view other channels or Videos/DVD's ,and use the Playstation without unhooking or swapping cables around , here is what i have done so far
I have been able to get everything working as i want EXCEPT for the DVD/VCR player , the TV(Quasar 32in) has 2 sets of RCA jacks for video (video 1 and video 2), the first 1, i have the VCR with the tuner hooked to so i can use the PIP function, the second set is for my playstation , then there is only 1 cable hookup on the TV, ,
What i have done so far is run the incoming cable thru a splitter with 1 going to the cable box , 1 going to the VCR/DVD , and 1 going to the VCR(with the tuner ), i have tried hooking up the *out*cable from the DVD to the VCR , then tried the same to the cablebox and still no picture(or sound) for the DVD/VCR , i have tried hooking up the RCA jacks to the VCR , then tried the same to the cablebox , it seems the only way i can get the DVD/VCR player to function is to disconnect the outgoing cable connection on the cable box to the TV(which then renders the cable box useless), i have searched Google for some answers,contacted the cable Co, and asked everyone i know that might have a clue, but the only thing i can find only deals with using 1 VCR a cable box and a TV with 1 tuner, but nothing on using a cablebox , a VCR , a DVD/VCR , and a TV with PIP and only 1 cable input and tuner............
sorry if this post is long but its the only way i could explain this so someone might follow what i have tried , and what has and hasn't worked with the combination of equipment im baffled at this point, so any help would be appreciated!!!!!! Thanks for listening !!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us