DVD to satellite dish

Username: Rayt

Sault ste marie, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
could someone please tell me if you can hook up a DVD recorder to a satellite dish and how and can you record one station and watch another i have bell express vu with a samsung tv no DVD yet thank you very much for any help you can give me send answer to r.tauvette@sympatico.ca or here. thank you again very much

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2169
Yes, you can connect a DVD recorder to a satellite, use s-video or RCAs. To watch one channel and record another, you would need a second receiver. Some programming is copy protected and may give problems recording to DVD.

Post Number: 2
i have a s-video place on the back of my satellite dish receiver i'm thinking of buying a DVD recorder. I have bell express vu receiver the TV is a Samsung what is the best DVD recorder to buy and is it hard to hook up so that i can watch one channel and tape another channel with the DVD recorder. would i still have the same channels that i have now on my TV? could someone please help me thank you very much my e-mail address is r.tauvette@sympatico.ca or let me know here again thank you ray

Gold Member

Post Number: 2173
You can't watch one channel and record another one without another receiver. You would still have the same channels. A recorder is pretty much personal choice, Pioneer should be good.

Post Number: 3
good evening i have a Samsung tv model #tyk 2550 and the serial # is 39zr100471h and i purchased a Samsung DVD/VCR combo DVD6500 or another # is v4600c i need help on how to hook it up as i also have a bell express vu satellite dish i was told i could watch one channel and tape another i also have s-vidio on the bell box and on the DVD combo but not on the tv would i just hook it up to the satellite box and DVD combo and not to the tv or not use it at all ? could someone please tell me what i need to do and how. i would really appreciate it thank you very much Ray Tauvette

Post Number: 5
hi everyone i returned my Samsung DVD/VCR combo for a straight DVD now i need help on how to hook up my Samsung TV model number TYK 2550 to my Samsung DVD model number DVD-HD931 to my bell express vu satellite dish box in the livingroom i have another satellite dish in the bedroom but i'm not going to touch it. if anyone can help me please do thank you very much Ray. Tauvette

Post Number: 6
please i need help badly if the typing is wrong please excuse me. i have a bell express vu satellite a samsung tv model tyk 2550 and a samsung dvd model dvd-hd931 i have 2 receivers one in the bedroom which i don't want to touch and the other one is in the livingroom i was told that i could watch one channel and tape another one.right now i can't tape anything but i can watch a dvd if i want. i really need help on how to hook up the receiver in the livingroom which is bell express vu to the dvd and to the tv to be able to tape show if i can't tape and watch another channel that's ok but i would like to be able to tape. i would appreciate any help i can get. thank you very much if someone could help me ray. tauvette my e-mail address is r.tauvette@sympatico.ca please answer at any place you wish. again thank you for the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 2278
I already answered your question. Connect with s-video or RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us