I need help, please.

Username: Blackcrowe

Little rock, Arkansas

Post Number: 1
I will start by saying,"I don't know jack." Been checking out all the forums and the members here seem to have the most input on all the products out there. I am looking to buy a rear projection tv 50 to 55 in. Of all the ones i have looked at in person, my favs are the hlr samsung models, the jvc hdila, and sony sxrd. Which one. Also, I know nothing is broadcast in 1080p, but will digital siginals look better on a 1080p due to the higher resolution and contrast, or does that only come into play on programing broadcast in 1080p. Also, if 1080p is the way to go, Toshiba 56hm195 can be picked up online for about $2600. Would toshiba 1080p be better than any other brand with 720p. Any advise would be great.
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jaskim

Post Number: 24
NOt to be mean, but just a few months ago, I also knew jack. However, rather than asking very broad questions, (like which brand is better), I dedicated hours to read up on my own before I posted. THere are lots of posts on this message board and on www.avsforum.com. You just have to spend the time reading. I have yet to come up with a question that has not yet been addressed in some form or the other before.

So my adice for you is to read up how to do advance searches and then start your research. You will have much better responses to your questions when your they become more specific.

jaskim

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 590
Research is a good confidence builder!

That said, 1080P sets were not designed to receive 1080P signal. Most won't on any input, but the computer VGA port. They were made to display more lines and higher contrast on larger displays.

You are already talking the right ballpark of sets to choose from. Just make sure you get the extended warranty with whatever you decide on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us