Problems with Samsung HDTV, changing from 480p to 1080i

Username: 1neballer

Post Number: 1
Samsung HDTV goes wierd, when changing from a 480p channel to a 1080i channel. The TV goes crazy, it seems like it tunring on and off.

Post Number: 2
*turning

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 53
The TV had to reset itself to in order to change from 480P to 1080I no big deal.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 587
It only happens when using DVI/HDMI digital video connection.
It doesn't happen with component (Y, Pr, Pb) connection.

Digital video connections are not a perfected technology.

Post Number: 3
I'm using component, from rogers HD terminal to HDTV

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 589
Surprising!
Is Rogers a cable converter box?
Hook up a UHF antenna to the "Air" input and see if the internal tuner behaves the same way.

Post Number: 4
The Samsung HDTV, behaves this way, when i upconvert 480p to 1080i when i am watching my movies on my DVD player. I just want to know if this is normal...does this happen to your HDTV when changing scales.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 591
I pretty much go black between all channel changes for up to a second whether the broadcasted format is changing or not. It's an undesireable function of my sat box.

I don't manually change scales with my sat box or DVD player. My set converts any input signal to it's native display resolution of 720P as a matter of design. My sat box is set to pass through all original broadcasted formats. My DVD player is set to output 720P so my set doesn't have to scale it.

Unless you bought a 1080P set you have a 720P display too. If you are making the DVD convert 480i to 1080i just to have the set convert the 1080i to 720P then you have too many scaling processes going on. The up-converting DVD player should be set to output the native display resolution of the set. What model do you have?

Post Number: 5
Try switching back and forth from 480p to 1080i, and see how your HDTV behaves. first Turn-off the upcoverting of your HDTV so that it is trully 480p and 1080i ...and tell meh how it behaves
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us