Can digital cable kill my TV?

Anonymous

I recently moved into a house and noticed that I got free basic cable (plugged in the wall and there it was). I'm planning on signing up regardless since I need HSI. Anyways, I've got an HDTV with atsc/qam tuner (not sure if that's how you refer to it). I did the auto channel search and found a bunch of digital channels. About 10 actually come in, all just those free advertisement channels so it's useless. After doing this, I noticed my HDTV reception OTA (I switched back to the old antenna) was poor. I flipped channels, and all of the channels that used to come in strong, would flicker. I left it on one digital channel for about 10 seconds, and poof, TV turns off. It sounds like it tries to go on again, and turns off. The only way to turn this back on is after unplugging from the wall to reset it. This repeats, anytime I tune to a digital channel for more than 10 seconds. I also noticed this problem w/ HDMI DVD, and then now it even turned off on old analog OTA reception. I'm terrified of the free cable I was getting. Did the cable kill my TV? I'm returning the TV, since I got it at Sams Club. For future reference, is this even possible for the cable company to do something like this?????

Sorry in the post is confusing.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2150
If anything it was probably moving the TV. Most of what Wal Mart/Sams Club sells is cheap junk.

Ron C
Unregistered guest
Most of what Sams Club sells is junk? I don't know about you, but the Sams in my area sells Phillips, Sony, Panasonic, and Toshiba. Last I looked, those ususally weren't grouped in the junk catagory.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us