My samsung dlp! please someone shed some light!!!

Username: Freder3423

Post Number: 1
my samsung 46in dlp is all screwed up. I had a tech replace the board and the lamp, but still it shuts off after watching it for a couple hours. only the lamp light blinks on the front and none of the others blink. Also it tries to "reboot" itself and I can't turn it off with the remote after it does this, i have to unplug it. i let it cool for awhile then it will turn on and play for about an hour then it does this all over again. Is there anyone out there that has had this problem?? any solutions?? i think my tech is an idiot.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 572
An idiot, he is!

These sets are new. The techs are not technicians as much as they are part swappers.
Sounds more like the ballast to me. The ballast supplies the initial 5kv to fire the lamp and a pulsing 65v to keep it lit. Unless some safety circuit is interfering, the ballast isn't doing it's job. That or the new lamp is junk, which is entirely possible. How old is the set? Did you call 1 800 SAMSUNG to get this tech?

Post Number: 2
thanks for the reply, yes i did get the tech from samsung. i don't know how old the set is because i bought a floor model, even though i was skeptical. i did buy an extended warranty for this reason. i have had the set for 2 weeks. i thought if the lamp blows big deal i was covered for 5 years. actually my tv turned on today but now it has a wonderful red tint to it. Yeah!! I really think i bought a lemon. i would like to return it but 1800 samsung told me that the repair guy deems it unrepairable i can get a brand new tv. that just seems to easy. is this true? and if so how long does it take?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 581
I'm not sure why you are repairing a set you have only had for two weeks from a brick and mortar store. Must have been a real good price for you not to want to take it back. They shouldn't sell you trouble. Maybe they could swap you out.

Through Samsung, that's a three week process for "A" (new) stock replacement. If you end up going that route make sure they don't try to deliver an "R" stock. That would be someone else's headache they took in and tried to repair. DON'T let that happen!

Post Number: 3
thanks again for the info, yeah i got a great deal, it was 45% off. i should follow my own advice that things that are too good to be true usually are!! I probably never should have bought it, but my male ego is getting in the way and now i just want to come out on top! what do you think of the toshiba dlp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us