Viore AKAI DLP TV PT46DLP30 WARNING do not buy

Anonymous

Viore AKAI PT46DLP30 DLP TV is GARBAGE
I purchased this TV at Best Buy in Laval (Future Shop) has the same model). In the store I played around to adjust the TV and it looked fairly good. The price was amazing 1399.00 with the stand... I had the TV for about 5 days and there were many problems.

1st
The sound was terrible. The TV output was constantly clipping. At first I was under the impression my DVD or the player had a problem. I decided to connect my DVD player directly on my amplifier to run a test and it was fine. After many wire checkups, it turns out that the TV has a problem with the audio out. I took readings with an oscilloscope and the output signal is constantly clipping at 1V, causing the terrible sound.

2nd
There where always a 1'' horizontal distortion on the top of the screen when using a full screen DVD. Could not adjust it on the two TV and the demo in the store

3rd
There is a terrible lag when you have lots of action on the screen. You can see distortion all over the screen. Dots that are lagging behind... this is not happening on other brands.

We called the store and they delivered a replacement...
Guess what? The replacement one is as terrible. We finally returned it and got a Samsung. I took the DVD I was using at home to test... I suggest you find a DVD you have with lots of action specially a scene with low light. I tested with a star wars CD.

Conclusion, unless you are blind, don't loose your time on the Akai/Viore TV. IT IS GARBAGE. My old conventional 34'' Sony is better than this and it is 10 years old.

BTW.
I called the Akai Hotline 3 times a day for a week. I was unable to talk to there customer support. Every time I waited over 15 minutes to get a recording asking me to leave a message so that they would call me back... they never did!
The 800 number is inside the front cover and it reads, "If you need any help with a DPL TV please call our answer man at 1 800 726-4405"
The way I see this, it is more a NO answer man...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us