Sony KDS-R60BR1: Good for gaming? No 1080P input?

Username: James_in_va

Suffolk, VA

Post Number: 3
I am about a week or two away from purchasing a Sony KDS-R60XBR1 set for my home theater. I'm also a console gamer. I currently have just an Xbox but will add a 360 when I can find one and a PS3 when it comes out. Does anyone know if this is a good set for gaming? I know the resolution is great but are there any lag issues? I have heard this is a problem with some big screen sets.

Regarding the resolution, what I understand is that the only way to get 1080P is using a PC monitor cable. How much of a negative will that be when 1080P content becomes available within the year? I know the PS3 will output at 1080P and I assume that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray will be the same. How will this set treat those inputs and will I be able to notice it (in a bad way)?

Thanks in advance!

James

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 197
I play XBOX360 and ps2 on mine and it works awsome.1080i will look phenomenel(spellchk).I have not seen any lag due to the awsome prcoessing of the set.HD-DVD=720p and 1080i. BlueRay= all the way up to 720P.First HD-DVD player will be 499.99 by Toshiba.First BluRay is Pioneer Elite for 1899,99.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us