Component inputs not working on Toshiba TV

Username: Bassman70

Post Number: 1
i have a new Toshiba 34hf84 television. I get no picture if I use either of the 2 component video inputs. I have tested these inputs using 3 different sources with component video outputs: an xbox 360, a jvc dvd player, and a sony dvd player/recorder. all connections are correct, and device outputs are set to progressive scan/hd, where applicable. i am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why i get no picture using these inputs. the composite inputs on the tv work fine. i have confirmed that these devices work properly with another tv. is there something i'm missing here? i can't believe that a brand new tv would arrive with some of its inputs DOA. thanks in advance-

Anonymous

I don't have this TV, but i'm in the market for a new one, and i was thinking of this one. I have Xbox 360 too. As far as i know, i've heard that the this toshiba only supports 480i/p, and 180i, and not 720p. Verify what you 360's HDTV settings are st to. NOTE: using the 360 with HD, i think you have to move the switch on the A/V cable. If it's set to TV, set it to HDTV. And then play around with the 360's settings. With it, you can choose 480p 720p, and 1080i, i'd say choose 1080i. The again. i'm not an expert, plus i don't have the TV. But check over your settings again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us