Cable cards and sharp

Username: Tech7470

Staten island, Ny

Post Number: 4
if you have sharp tv's aquois lcd and are using sa cable cards you must find out from your cable company if the cards have the latest firmware. 1.49p1. other wise the card will not authorize and your channel line up will come and go

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 631
tech7470~ It's not wise to post a generic statement like that, 1.49p1 is the same as 1.49s2 with the SA CC. Depending on what company you work for and what version they are using, you may have different versions that have the same results.

Username: Tech7470

Staten island, Ny

Post Number: 6
then tell me why that an sa cable card with 1.48 on it does not work with the sharp tv after sharp comes and does an upgrade from 1.7 to 1.12 if the tv needs it?????. And i work for the same company you do just in another division.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 639
tech7470~ what I am saying is there are different versions for the SA CC, your division may use the 1.49p1, ours uses 1.49s2...as for other divisions? some use motorola, and I don't know what versions the other sa divisions use, it could be 1.49p1 or 1.48s2. A generic statement is when you make a posting that all sharp tv's need the 1.49p1 in order for their sharp CCTV to work, makes customer in other systems think that they need an upgrade to 1.49p1 and they will not get it. Does that make sense? The sharp tv's work fine in our system without that version, so I'm sure you can understand what problems that creates when a customer reads that and then fights us because "he read it online, so it must be true". It would be better to say something like "if you live in "X" system with "Y" company, then make sure you have 1.49p1, so that other systems don't have to deal with misinformed customers. No ill will intended, I'm glad to see other techs taking in interest in this product, the more information, the easier it is for all involved.
As for why the 1.48 doesn't not work, is because it is an outdated version of software and the 1.49 platform was created to address split channel and mapping issues that the 1.48 couldn't handle. I was under the impression that all TWC systems were already up to the 1.49p1 or s2 anyway, since that problem was resolved back in june 05? CC's made prior to march05 for some reason can't handle the upgrade (hardware conflict or something)and should have been replaced with the newer versions as they are swapped off older tv's on service calls.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us