Sima Go DVD Help

Username: Vgamefreak

Post Number: 1
Hi Im trying to copy my protected DVD to another DVD (blank) I hooked everything up right just as the picture/intructions say/show. BUt when I go to record it still says protected. What do I need to do? I have a ilo DVD recorder.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2135
You don't need the Sima with an ILO.

http://ilohacker.tripod.com/

http://www.techolio.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=951&sid=ffc926af9eceb20138

Username: Janimal19

I have an Insignia DVD/VCR recorder combo and the Sima CT-200 so that I could copy old commercial videos to DVD. Each time I connect a VCR to the recorder combo via Go DVD!, I ruin the VCR. With my Funai (not much of a VCR to begin with) it would immediately power off and wouldn't eject the tape. With a Panasonic, the tape would immediately eject without playing (and still will not play a tape). Does anybody know what the problem is or how I can fix it and my Panasonic VCR? Any input would me greatly appreciated!

Username: Txstars15

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 5
JJ-
See my post from this morning. I just connected my VCR to my GoDVD then to my recorder. Nothing in the GoDVD device should affect operation of your VCR. It cannot send a signal backwards via the VCR input jack.
I am copying old Disney tapes with great success with this setup as described above.

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 9
JJ-
I missed the part where your DVD recorder is part of a combo unit. There have been numerous posts in the past stating that a combo unit will not work for copying tapes to disks. That could be your problem. A Toshiba R-D4 recorder was recommended to me on this forum as one of the best to use. They are all over eBay. I bought one and that is what I use with no problems.

Username: Janimal19

Post Number: 2
Greg-

Thanks for the help! I just might give it a try at this point. Have you heard of any power trouble with the Sima unit itself?

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 10
No. It uses a brick style plug-in wall adapter. I have made 14 DVD copies of my Disney movies so far without a problem. All copies look great and play fine.

Username: Ollie3

I have my dvd recorder, vcr, and tv all hooked up and have copied home videos successfully. Can anyone tell me exactly how to hook up my sima go dvd? It came with a cord with yellow plugs. Do I need that? Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2888
Connect the video out of the VCR to the in on the Sima, out of the Sima to the in on the recorder.

Username: Kindaclueless

I've sucessfully copied an old(commercial) VHS movie to a DVD using my Sima CT-2 GoDVD hooked into my Sony Vaio's video capture software.(From there, I burn it to an external DVD drive.)

The problem is the sound. The VCR I'm using is very old, and I'm only getting sound from one side. The VCR has an audio out and an audio in. I've connected the red cable to the audio out jack, and into my Sony's red (audio in) jack. Whether necessary or not, I've also connected the white cable into the VCR's audio in, and the other end into the Sony's white audio in jack.

My picture is via the yellow cable from the VCR video out, into the GoDVD, then into the Sony video in. The VCR does not have S-Video capability.

Any suggestions anyone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2986
Get a y cable for the audio. The audio will still be mono, but you'll get audio on both sides.

Thanks for the info on my one-sided audio problem. This Y-Cable you suggest: I'm going down to Radio Shack to see if they have one. What does it look like and how does it plug in?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2987
It has a female RCA connection on one end, like on the back of the VCR, and 2 male RCAs on the other end, like the cables you use to connect the Sima and audio. They should know what it is at Radio Shack.

Post Number: 3
David, thanks so much for your time...Radio Shack sent my sister home with a Y-Cable, but the single male end that plugs into the VCR's video out is too big. The other end of the cable is as you described - 2 male RCAs, one red for my right speaker and one white for the left. The clerk said Y-cables come in several different configurations. It appears that I need a Y-Cable whose single male connection has the same sized prong as the other two connections. Correct?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2989
Yes, it needs to have the same RCA connector. The one I use is female on one end and male on the other, it's only about 6" long. The 2 males come out of the DVD player and the cable to the TV connects to the female.

Username: Brenlee

St. Louis, Missouri US

Do you have to have a tv hooked up in order to copy from vhs to dvd? I tried it minus the tv hookup but my dvd was blank, even tho it looked like it was recording.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3067
No, the TV doesn't have to be connected.

Username: Marianne0064

Hi.. I have a Zenith XBR616 (DVD recorder/VCR combo) and just received my Sima GODVD today. I am trying to hook it up - do I necessarily have to have a separate VCR or DVD Player or can I hook up the GODVD to my combo unit or Cable box? I have been trying different cable hook ups (not s-video cables) but no luck. When trying to record, I am still getting copy-protected. Please... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Neenie00

help - trying to copy a large collection of vhs to dvd for personal use and having no luck- I have the sima ct-2 and have hooked it up as the brief directions indicate, however, after 4 seconds of recording - an error 25E occurs. It states that the movie cannot be recorded because it is protected - what am i doing wrong?

Username: Otd33

HELP; SENIOR CITZEN IN TROUBLE. I have Dish Satellite #522 and a Zenith TV, How do I hook a DVD player/recorder into to these? Throw the DVD out the door?

Username: Jen41375

I have a question about the Sima GoDVD model CT-200. I'm new here so please forgive me if this question has been asked, I found this forum doing an internet search for troubleshooting. I hooked everything up and followed the manuals instructions, and after some problems I finally got it to start recording a movie. Sometime during the movie, the screen went blank and the green light went out, I know from the problems I was having prior to the successful recording that when that happens its no longer copying. What am I doing wrong? Do I have a bad device or is this common? I do appreciate any help you can give, I tried to call Sima and their office is closed. I want to try it again but dont want to keep wasting DVDs, I didnt buy the re-recordable ones. Thanks in advance,

Jen

Username: Greek

James, did you ever solve the problem of pausing during playback of a recorded dvd? I have the same problem with my Sima CT-200. Was it a defective CT-200?

Username: Patti4

Suffolk, VA United States

I can copy DVD to DVD fine. When I copy VHS to DVD, the picture is fine but I get underlying static noise. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us