Need help with local channels

Username: Cm0444

Post Number: 1
we recently purchased a sony wega 55' hdtv. Our local cable company does not offer hd so, we ordered direct tv. Well, Dtv does not offer local channels in our market so, when they sold me the package they suggested that I purchase the antenna to recieve "all of my local channels"
So, when he told me that I would be able to pick up all of my local channels I was sold. The antenna they sent me was RCA Amplified Outdoor antenna . The antenna is attached to the back of the satellite that is attached to the roof. Well, with this piece of junk I can only pick up a couple local channels. The only major network I can pick up is ABC. We cant pick up NBC,FOX,CBS. Needless to say I was pretty upset when they told me that I would be able to pick up all local channels. I called DTV and they have no idea what they are talking about!!!. They now say that it is not guranteed that we would be able to pick up all of our local channels. I wander why they did not tell me that when he sold me the stupid antenna. Anyway, does anyone have any advice on an antenna that I can use that will catch all primary networks. They did send a waiver in but, said it could take up to 45 days. The waiver was sent in so that we can catch the feeds from ny/la. However, I heard that the waiver is never granted. We live in Sulphur louisiana which is 6 miles from lake charles louisiana and I dont understand why we cant even catch fox which is in lake charles.

Thanks
Cm

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 621
goto antennaweb.org and type in your address/city/state and zip code. HD OTA signals are line of sight, you need to point the antenna at the originating source to get reception. It would help if you purchase cheap reliable compass because this site will not only tell you what channels you can get, it will tell you what direction (based on compass settings) to point your antenna.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us