Can someone please help me?

Username: Pemo

Post Number: 1
Hello fellow TV enthusiasts. I'm having a major problem with my TV concerning my Cable card, and was hoping someone would help. I purchases a KDFE50A10 (Sony 50" Grand Wega) last week, and was quite excited. Well, I went out and purchased the TWC Houston Digital package, which included the cable card. Now whenever I put my card in, my TV detects it, but no channels appear. All it says is "NO CHANNELS FOUND," or "NO SIGNAL," or "CABLE CARD ERROR." Nothing shows up on the screen, and its completley blank. TWC told me its Sony's fault, Sony told me its TWC's fault. Anyone know what is going on? I'm so confused. Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Cabletool

Midwest

Post Number: 17
How about a little more detail? I think in Houston you can pick up your own cable card and call a number to have it activated.
Was this the case?
It sounds like the card hasnt been activated. When the MOTOS are still waiting for the authorization hit they will display "NO SIGNAL" up in the upper left hand corner of the tv where the stations call letters are.

Did you install it yourself and what measures did TWC take to get it going? Tech visit, over the phone trouble shooting?

Post Number: 2
Yes, I picked up the card. I called it in to have it activated, and they did. What I said earlier happened. Then I went ahead and got another card, samething. TWC keeps saying its Sony's fault. "We cannot do anything, you need to contact Sony!" Thats all I get from them. They told me even withoug authorization that the cable card should still pick up basic channels. I get nothing with the card in.

Post Number: 4
IGNORE THE ABOVE POST. I REALIZED THAT I DID NOT EXPLAIN ENOUGH. READ THIS ONE:

Yes, I picked up the card and installed it. I called it in to have it activated, and they did so. After that, what I said in the first post happened. Then I went ahead and got another card, and still the same thing. TWC keeps saying its Sony's fault. "We cannot do anything, you need to contact Sony!" Thats all I get from them. They told me that even without authorization, that the cable card should still be able to pick up basic channels and relay them to my TV. I still get nothing with the card in. When I take the card out, all channels appear.

Username: Cabletech

Post Number: 3
Check to see what software version is in your TV. It should be under set up or info. This is a known problem. bythe way what type of cable card?

Post Number: 5
Sony told me that the software is up to date. This is a Motorolla card.

Username: Cabletech

Post Number: 5
When TWC put the cable card in did they call in all the info on the pairing screen and have a hit sent several times? Some TV's take several hits until it is reconized. Some TV's take upto a 1/2 hour to go through an check ALL digital channels. I would try to call TWC have them send several hits about 5 or 10 minutes apart and wait about a 1/2 hour. They will probably give you a hrd time about sending the hits.

Username: Tech7470

Staten island, Ny

Post Number: 2
pete sound like that cable card needs to have some firm ware upgrade. cause most sony tv's work great with sa cable cards that i know of. We dont use motorolla cc's in ny. We use sa cards and the model sony you have the card needs the latest firmware. I know this dont help you that much, but i would call twc and see whats going on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us