Connecting TV audio to stereo amplifier

Unregistered guest
I hope this is the right place to ask this question, but I need to connect my TV to my stereo amplifier. The only analog output jack I have available from my TV is the headphones jack. Can this be connected directly to the aux audio input on my stereo amplifier, or is there an impedance matching thing I need to do?

Thanks for your help.

-Roger

Bronze Member
Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 41
RogerV,

You'll find the answer in this article: http://www.techlore.com/article/10039/

It talks about connecting portable MP3 players to stereos, but it's applicable to your TV's headphone output as well.

Username: Ayeshaslover

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 1
all you need is a 1/8" male to rca stereo adapter cable avail. @ radio sgack/ wal mart for $5/7. hook the stereo plugs to aux in or tape/cd in on your amp. be sure to turn tv volume way down before powering your amp!

Username: Elle

Singapore, Singapore Singapore

I Have a toshiba colour tv, break down recently, can i connect my laptop to it to serve as tv ?
Please advise. The connection point behind tv is AUDIO(Written) TV OUT,IN 2 POINTS at the left column right column is Video(Written) there isn't any word written beside this 2 connection points but are yellow in colour.

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 108
If you laptop have TV tuner card, yes. otherwise No

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 109
like this, but make sure the system (PAL or NTSC, etc)is fit for your country.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=26195&doy=23m5&C=SEO&U=strat15

Username: Shelbyman111

I WANT TO HOOK UP 2 GOOD STEREO BOX SPEAKERS WITH RED AND BLACK WIRES TO MY TV WITH THE RED AND WHITE FEMALE PORTS WITHOUT GOING THRU THE AUX ON A STEREO UNIT. IT DOES NOT WORK PLUGGING THE COLORED MALE JACKS IN AND CONNECTING THE BARE SPEAKER WIRES TO OTHER ENDS OF MALE JACKS. IS THERE A AUX UNIT OR SOMETHING I CAN BUY SO I CAN DO THIS?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us