Green screen with HDMI > DVI on Panasonic DV2-297 > Dell W2606

Username: Jaddison

Post Number: 1
equipment:
Panasonic DV2-S97S, DVD player (up converting when using HDMI only)
Dell W2606, 26" LCD TV (DVI input, no HDMI)
HDMI-DVI conversion cable, 3 meters

problem:
When using HDMI/DVI I get a green screen. Progressive scan output using component works fine.

Searching for similar problems on the net I've found a few other instances (the problem generally being green screen with digital connections) though few definite solutions. One that looked promising was to reset the HDMI/DVI input on the TV. Does anyone know how to do this with the Dell W2606? Of course there is replacing the cable which I haven't tried yet. Any other ideas? Is it possible that the DVD player requires HDMI only on the TV side; that is, conversion to DVI won't work for some reason (copy protection)? What is the likelihood that the HDMI/DVI circuitry is broken on the DVD player or the TV?

Thanks!

Username: Jaddison

Post Number: 2
update:
I found that my TV was set to yuv, not the rgb the DVD was set to. When I set the TV to rgb the green screen went away and the colors worked, but it did not use the entire screen and there was a white noisey line on the left of the screen; there was border af about 3% all around. I then set TV size to Full Screen which filled the screen, but I still have the white line on the left and I can see the left and right edges of the movie frame (they are not trimed off by the edges of the screen).

Other strange behaviors:

I get sound (I have the seperate audio cables connected beside the DVI connecter) with the TV set to rgb, but not with yuv.

If I set the DVD to 1080i the TV wont stay in rgb mode, but will go to yuv (so I get the green screen back).

The DVD is supposed to sense what the TV is capable of (yuv and rgb) but it only gives me the rgb option.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us