Sony KF-42WE610 Yellow Blob Circuit City and Qualxserv

Username: Reeki8

Post Number: 1
My Sony TV has a yellow blob! I saw a picture on this site of the same yellow blob on my panel. I called Sony on 01 08 2006 5:55 PM. I spoke with rep Mark about the problem. He gave me a ref number and gave me Qualxserv's telephone number. At this time I thought I had a warranty contract, later finding out the my Circuit City policy expired 11 29 2005 and I was not notified or given a chance at renewal. Also I had the understanding I had a three year service contract with Circuit City, stated by sales staff member.

When I got the telephone number to call the Circuit City repair I spoke with Amir. I could hardly understand him. I found out when I asked that he was in India. After this less than satisifying call {not his fault his english was so broken} I called my local Circuit Ciy store in Taylor MI spoke with Eric. There was a really nice manager who was going to find out for me why I was not notified and call me back {grin} tomorrow. I sure hope that comes true! I then called Sony back and spoke with a second tier rep. She gave me Qualxserv telephone number and basically stated that someone would have to come out and evaluate the set. I called Qualxserv once again and spoke again with Jason at 8:45pm EST. Jason informed me that his supervisor would have to speak with Sony and get information from them? I asked him what information did they need. We just wanted a estimate or what was wrong! Why call Sony. I asked him if his company was associated closely with Sony and he assured me that was not the case...then why the call to Sony just come out and diagnois my tv??? I also asked him how much a service call was... his response was 350.00 basic what ever that is and up to 125.00 for evaluation of problem. He seemed a little reluctant to devulge this information but after my persistant banter he did so.

So here we sit with a infected TV purchased 11 29 2003 that we paid almost 3000.00 for... hey that is what almost 1500.00 per year, waiting for Qualxserv and Sony. Oh musn't forget Circuit City!

From what I see there seems to be a lot of problems out there like mine. It seems like this should be a recall....or some kind of acknowledgment from Sony?

If you are interested there are picture posted on this site of the same yellow blob check it out! And if you have the same problem I hope that it will be solved much easier than mine is. Next time EVERYTHING will be in writing with at thumb print.

Whew! That feels better!

Now I wish to acknowledge that all of the reps spoken to have been courteous and kind...and have tried to help.
Upload
Upload

Welcome Wagon
Unregistered guest
Thanks so much for your post. Thanks for completely ignoring the fact that there is already a thread running with other people who have experienced the same problem. Obviously YOUR problem is much more important than all those other people and you totally deserve your own thread. Thanks for naming every single person and company you dealt with, that level of detail definitely turned what could have been a very ordinary post into a regular page turner populated by interesting characters like some kind of adventure novel. Thanks for telling us exactly how much you paid for your TV, leading with that always lets everyone know how important your problem is. And thanks most of all for registering on this forum, not to really add to the conversation, but just to complain about your particular situation in your very own thread.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 555
That wasn't neccessary, WW.
I'd rather read his post than yours any day.

Username: Reeki8

Post Number: 2
Update: I am still waiting for Sonys response. They seem to want to try to make me feel like "What do I expect, the TV was purchased 11 29 2003". I am outraged. This TV is only a little over two years old and it is a second tv hardly every used. I hope that soon I will have a reply. 01 23 2006 7:35 PM

Bronze Member
Username: Johnhunter44

Post Number: 18
Hey welcome wagon, get a life. His post was what this forum was meant for. Yours was not....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us