Samsung Generation 7 DLP

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 42
I thought this might be an interest to some people here.http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/PressRelease/PressRelease.asp?seq=20060106_00 00223500

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 44
This may also interest some of you.http://www.cnet.com/4831-11405_1-6413134.html?tag=img

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 155
Yup, I am intrigued by the LED light engine. I just wonder if it will be bright enough. Should be some fairly big improvements on this year's models, I'm seriously considering trying to sell my 5067 in favor of stepping up to one of the HLSXX79 series.

Username: Bambam

Post Number: 3
The only reason I and most people will not buy a DLP was the thought that I would have to shell out $300 for a new lamp once a year, and everytime a lamp goes out having to wait 6 weeks for a replacement. This LED light engine sounds too good to be true, and I hope it is true.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 542
WOW!

I can't believe what I'm reading!

No color wheel, 3 DMD prism system finally comes to RPTV. This was only in high end front projection units starting at around $22K before now.

A Texas Instruments true 1080P DMD chip with no HP wobulation. I was wondering why HP came up with their own HD television line. They will soon be the only ones using their proprietary wobulation technique.

Long lasting L.E.D. light sources are here! I thought laser was next, but I guess they found some bright little guys that do the trick.

The gamer's cries have been heard! "Game Mode" with 1080P input capability and other enhancements in the xx87's and xx79's.

This is revolutionary stuff at a reasonable price.

I'll be selling my 67 too, Smurf!

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/06/samsung-hl-s5679w-dlp-with-led-backlight/

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 158
I also REALLY like the black frame on these sets. SO freaking tired of silver.

Username: Msummers80

Woodbridge, VA

Post Number: 1
Anyone have any new information about what we can expect with the dlp led technology? Should it be more reliable (not just longer bulb life)? Will they release it in a configuration where I could get a 50" for $2500 or less? I doubt I can't afford the 1080p models samsung is selling, will anyone offer another option? I wonder if it is worth the wait, or if I should select from what is available now. Is there anything about these things to criticize? For the list price, I'd consider going to plasma instead. I need lower prices, not higher resolution.

Username: Briank

Post Number: 3
Yes, I was so excited to see this press release, and to think I almost bought a 720p bulb backlit Samsung this past weekend for $2K. Now if I wait till April I can get a 1080p, LED backlit set for <$2800. This will be a serious leap forward in HDTV technology. Nice job Samsung!

Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 1
The new Samsung's sound promising.

Username: Briank

Post Number: 4
Oops, the cheaper 87 series is still bulb backlit. Guess I'll have to live with the bulb. I don't see rainbows anyway and the 5 year warranty is only $250 including bulbs... So I can deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us