Status message randomly appears on screen with Panasonic DMR-EH50

Anonymous

Does anybody know why it does this? I'll just be watching TV, nowhere near the remote control, and all of a sudden the black box in the upper right hand corner will appear with the name and number of the channel I'm watching.

Sometimes it happens once a day, sometimes it happens every five minutes or so! That's when it gets annoying...

I don't want to turn off the messages completely because then they don't show up at all when I'm surfing channels, but once I pick a channel I don't need to see it anymore!

Thanks for your help!

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 85
I'm betting the TV Guide is kicking on and updating.... Last night my wife called me at work and said the remote was changing channels by itself, when I told her to take the remotes out of the room and it still did it I knew what it was.. Just had her move the IR Blaster away from the cable box and it stopped..

Anonymous

Hi! Thanks so much for responding. The thing is, though, that I don't have a cable box, and therefore am not using the IR Blaster. The Guide seems to work fine without it, except for this one little glitch. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!

fx
Unregistered guest
The batteries in your remote are weak.

xvxvxvx

plinko
Unregistered guest
Go to setup screen and disable "status messages" option

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses, guys. Unfortunately fx, I replaced the batteries and it's still doing it.

plinko, as I said in my first post, I'd rather not do that because then they don't show up at all, even when I'm surfing.

I think I'm going to have to call the maintenance number in the instruction manual. Thanks anyway!

Username: Nelson41

Post Number: 1
have recently purchased a Panasonic DMR-HE50 DVD recorder and would like to make it multi Region so that I can play my Region 1 DVDs. Could some one tell me how to do this.and is possible to up grade the hrad drive to 160g? Please advise to email nelson41@iprimus.com.au
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us